These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Expression pedals compatible with HD
by ChipPODvariax on 2010-11-04 14:28:55

I'm looking for a new pedal for my HD-500. Besides the company's own EX-1, what other pedals are compatible with the HD series? My forum searches didn't find what other products you folks may be using.

I have an old Roland EV5 on my XTL (cannot let go of the XTL yet, even with my great new HD-500).

Re: Expression pedals compatible with HD
by fester2000 on 2010-11-04 14:32:08

ChipPODvariax wrote:

I'm looking for a new pedal for my HD-500. Besides the company's own EX-1, what other pedals are compatible with the HD series? My forum searches didn't find what other products you folks may be using.

I have an old Roland EV5 on my XTL (cannot let go of the XTL yet, even with my great new HD-500).

I can confirm the Roland EV5 works great.  Which means that the Mission Engineering EP1-L6 must work as well: http://www.mission-engineering.com/Mission-Engineering/Products.htmlif you're looking for something a little more robust.

Cheers,

Fester2k

by tommasi on 2010-11-05 03:44:49

I can vouch for the quality of the Mission Engineering pedal. I have the LP6 and it's great.

by Karl_Houseknecht on 2010-11-05 05:09:45

I had a couple of Mission pedals for my Axe-Fx.  They were really nice quality.  The only thing is, to calibrate them you need to essentially take them apart and rotate the pot casing.  Other than that, they are built like a steel brick.  What else sets them apart is that the pot is an inverse log pot, not a linear audio pot.  So they have a response that is much more in line with a wah pedal.

by Rewolf48 on 2010-11-05 06:16:55

+1 EV5

by mackerma29 on 2010-11-06 17:45:57

+1 EV5.  Got my HD500 yesterday and hooked it right up.  No problems.

However.. so far Line6 doesn't have a firmware update to use the FBV Express MkII through the Variax connection on the HD500.  That kind of pisses me off.  How could they have missed that.  Seriously....

by ozbadman on 2010-11-07 01:38:34

The Variax connection is not the same as the FBV pedal connection. PODs only have Pedal connections (they dop not take variax connectors), and Amps have both a Variax and a Pedal connection. The HD500 already has pedals, that's why there is no separate input for the FBV pedals, whereas the PODs and Amps do not have pedals (except obviously, the X3L and XTL which again, do not accept FBV pedals).

I don't regard this is a mistake. If you really want additional external controls, this can be achieved with an external midi controller pedalboard.

David.

by TwentyOneFeet on 2013-02-22 13:59:03

I believe any expression control pedal compatible with a TRS 1/4" plug will work just fine. If you don't have a TRS plug, the controller will invert for some reason, or may not work at all.

by phil_m on 2013-02-22 14:16:50

I believe any expression control pedal compatible with a TRS 1/4" plug will work just fine.

Unfortunately, this isn't true. Most expression pedals actually won't work with the Line 6 stuff. You need a pedal that has a pot value close to 10K ohms.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.