These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Ableton Live 7 problems w/ POD Farm 2
by cacaroca on 2010-11-05 15:59:19

Hi guys,

I recently bought a POD Studio UX2 as my first move towards recording musical ideas, but I am having some problems recording. To be honest, I am learning to use Ableton and I can't still figure out how to make my POD Farm signal to sound inside my recording track in Ableton Live. I already did the steps indicated in the "Instantiating the POD Farm Plug In from within Ableton Live" video in YouTube, but I can't get any sounds yet. The only way I've managed to record something is opening the POD Farm app outside of Ableton's and playing from there. But the signal clips, and the recording just gets parts from what I play.

I know I'm not doing things right, please help!

Thanks for any comment in advance

Re: Ableton Live 7 problems w/ POD Farm 2
by TheRealZap on 2010-11-05 16:32:26

do you have the sound setup right physically and in ableton?

meaining the speakers plugged into the ux2, and the line6 ASIO drivers selected in ableton....

this will make all your other sound cards and devices not work... and that's normal.

from there it should just be a matter of browsing the plugin sidebar on ableton and dragging pod farm to the track desired...

make sure that monkey is updated and authorized.

by cacaroca on 2010-11-05 16:52:58

I think I have them right since I can get sound perfectly when I use POD Farm 2 as an outside application. Let me try what you suggest, I'm still checking what is wrong with my settings. Dou you know if there are some fixed values for latency in Ableton, I mean, since there is no latency using POD Farm. Thanks!

by cacaroca on 2010-11-08 12:20:27

Ok, I managed to make it works last night. I wasn't using the right driver as zap3nc suggested, I was using the DirectX driver instead of the ASIO. Now I have a bit of latency, I can minimize the buffer but then I get this annoying noises. Can anyone please tell me if this has to do with CPU capabilities or RAM? Thanks for your help

by TheRealZap on 2010-11-08 12:29:46

you have to find the right balance in your buffer settings for your machine... make sure you utilize the tone direct ability as well... the number measured within the software aren't the be all and end all... is it the latency audible on playback?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.