These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

toneport ux8 with garageband 08, disc space error
by spagiare on 2010-11-07 18:31:27

Hi I use a mac book pro that I've updated to meet all the specifications on the ux8 webpage. I'm using garageband 08 to record. I'm having issues while multi-tracking. I've used 8 mics to record drums all at once with no problem. But when I record with a band (guitar/1 mic, guitar/1 mic, bass/1 mic and drums with 3 mics) I keep getting a disc full error and the recording just stops. I can't figure out what the problem is. I've run my activity monitor, while recording to see if somehow garageband was just eating up too much space. But nothing was in the red and still the recording just stopped with the same can't write to disc error. Is garageband just not a good multi-track software program and just can't handle writing 6 tracks at once.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

Re: toneport ux8 with garageband 08, disc space error
by spagiare on 2010-11-09 07:49:57

I've been going through other postings about the ux8 and the only common error I've come up with is not having a driver for 64-bit mac computers. I this why my recordings are stalling and stopping after about 10 seconds? Some other settings that I'm not thinking about that could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Rob

by TheRealZap on 2010-11-09 07:58:03

the first thing i would try is to fire up the disk utility and repair permissions...

outside of that trick which sometimes fixes random issues, it doesn't sound like a problem i've heard of before.

by spagiare on 2010-11-09 08:20:25

I will give that a shot. Thanks for your help.

by spagiare on 2010-11-10 08:23:15

also one other thing i noticed. When I open up garageband and turn on the ux8, the red peaking lights start flashing red. Is this some kind of connection issue?

by TheRealZap on 2010-11-10 08:33:06

the red blinking lights mean that it hasn't found the drivers, i believe....

have you gone here and manually downloaded and installed the drivers? http://line6.com/software/

wortha shot....

by spagiare on 2010-11-13 10:01:51

I have tried everything suggested and I'm still having the same problem. I even started using reaper to make sure garageband wasn't the issue and the same problem accured. I have six tracks record enabled and randomly during the recording process the signal just stops and the recording just ends. Reaper will eventually keep the recording going after about a 2 to 6 second gap, where as garageband would just stop recording all together. I'm getting extremely frustrated and don't really know what else to do. I've tried re-installing the drivers, the software, installed a faster harddrive, more RAM, used a different recording program and nothing seems to work. I love the sounds I'm getting out of the ux8, which is the most frustrating thing. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Rob

RE: toneport ux8 with garageband 08, disc space error
by Kneehow on 2010-11-15 15:16:12

Hi Rob,

If you're running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 in 64-Bit mode, then yes the source of your issue is the fact that our Mac OSX USB driver is only 32-Bit at this point in time: http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4592

If you're able to, try booting up into 10.6.4 in 32-Bit Mode and see if the behavior changes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.