These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Can the looper be shut off with a new patch?
by guitars69 on 2010-11-08 12:46:14

I just got the HD500 and was playing with the looper for the first time.  I like that I can loop whatever and switch patches to play on top of it.  I'm wondering if it's possible to have a patch turn off the looper though?

Let's say I am playing a loop.

I change to patch mode

change patches

Play some lead or whatever.

Now the next part of the song is coming up and I need to:

Change back to looper mode

Hit Stop

Change back to patch mode

Hit patch D or whatever...

That's gonna' be pretty hard to do in the second before the song needs to change. 

Is there a way I can set a patch to have a "looper carryover" or something, then I could have some patches that I can switch to and keep the loop going, but have other patches that silence the looper when selected.

I suppose this will need to be a feature request.

Re: Can the looper be shut off with a new patch?
by fester2000 on 2010-11-08 14:26:19

guitars69 wrote:

I just got the HD500 and was playing with the looper for the first time.  I like that I can loop whatever and switch patches to play on top of it.  I'm wondering if it's possible to have a patch turn off the looper though?

I change to patch mode

change patches

Hit Stop

That's gonna' be pretty hard to do in the second before the song needs to change. 

Is there a way I can set a patch to have a "looper carryover" or something, then I could have some patches that I can switch to and keep the loop going, but have other patches that silence the looper when selected.

Unfortunately, that last part is correct.  It'd have to be an option, b/c I think many of us who use the loop don't want to deactivate it by changing patches - that's part of the cool thing about it!  Dial up a bass patch, lay down a bass line.  Pull up a vocal patch, do a little scat or beatbox, then pull up the guitar patches and layer away...

Cheers,

Fester2k

by guitars69 on 2010-11-08 14:44:11

fester2000 wrote:

guitars69 wrote:

I change to patch mode

change patches

Hit Stop

Unfortunately, that last part is correct.  It'd have to be an option, b/c I think many of us who use the loop don't want to deactivate it by changing patches - that's part of the cool thing about it!  Dial up a bass patch, lay down a bass line.  Pull up a vocal patch, do a little scat or beatbox, then pull up the guitar patches and layer away...

Cheers,

Fester2k

I agree, If you're playing by yourself you're going to want to be able to leave the looper on.  However, I hope to use it to add extra parts to our live show that my singer can't play and sing.  As a result, I'll need a quick way to stop the looper and change to the next patch at the same time so I can make the next change.  So an option per patch to stop or carry the looper would be the practical solution.

by fester2000 on 2010-11-08 15:25:58

guitars69 wrote:

I agree, If you're playing by yourself you're going to want to be able to leave the looper on.  However, I hope to use it to add extra parts to our live show that my singer can't play and sing.  As a result, I'll need a quick way to stop the looper and change to the next patch at the same time so I can make the next change.  So an option per patch to stop or carry the looper would be the practical solution.

I'm for it.  How about this - the ability to run more than one loop?  They've got all those buttons, what if you could separately call up a 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th loop?  That would be spectacular.  I doubt the DSP can handle that much use and do all the amps and fx, but it would be sah-weet, IMHO.

Cheers,

Fester2k

by guitars69 on 2011-02-12 10:30:45

I like that idea.  Maybe they could make and effects block get taken up with a "Loop Mixer" or something to help free up DSP.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.