These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Can i record into garageband using my backtrack?
by jimijimmy23 on 2010-11-09 06:09:27

I recently bought a Mac, and with it comes garageband. I was wondering if i would be able to use my Line 6 back track to record into Garageband. I have connected via USB but have been unable to find out how to get it to work or if indeed it does work.

Please could you tell me how i could do this, or alternatively could you recommend me some Line 6 products that could do the job. Thankyou

Re: Can i record into garageband using my backtrack?
by TheRealZap on 2010-11-09 06:25:28

backtracks don't work like that... you can record on your backtrack and import the files into garageband to work on them and build your song...

but the backtrack is not an interface... you will want to look at the pod studios or toneports if you want a full interface.

Re: Can i record into garageband using my backtrack?
by wim138 on 2011-01-10 01:08:15

Been having the same issue for months.  It's really simple though, you just add your GearBox or POD Farm as a an effect and uncheck all other effects, stomp-pedals and amplifier / cabinet that GarageBand suggest.  All that is left now is the sound of your Line 6 preset, and you're ready to record.  Enjoy!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.