These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Line 6 m13 going crazy
by Jscucc on 2010-11-10 13:20:50

Hey I purchased my line6m13 about a month ago and everything was working great. I sold my car to buy it because my band was playing the CMJ music festival that you guys actually sponsored. I also bought it because we are playing the Miami music festival this weekend and now Im screwed if I cant fix it in time. Basically the problem started out with the first column of effects changing their settings on their own without me tinkering with the knobs. I was glad it was only the first column but then things got worse, eventually it got stuck in the setting mode where you can toggle the color of your lcd screen (ext) but then would suddenly go back to normal stompbox mode. I decided to reset the factory setting which has made things even worse then before. Now the pedal is going on and off by itself, when I have one effect on another one turns on by itself, and now the sound got significantly lower like its been cut off or something. As soon as I turn the pedal off completely my amp sounds like it normally does at its regular volume. This seems very complicated to me what do I Do???? Please help as soon as you can

RE: Line 6 m13 going crazy
by Line6david on 2010-11-11 11:35:26

Hi,

It sounds like you need to take your M13 to an authorized service center for repair:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: Line 6 m13 going crazy
by Jscucc on 2010-11-17 21:42:37

will this cost me money to repair even if I can prove its not my fault Im under warranty?

by ricksox on 2010-11-18 13:40:20

Hello,

Before we deem this a hardware issue for sure, can you tell me what version of firmware you are running on the M13?

Have you ever updated the firmware?

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2010-11-22 10:46:55

Hello,

It has been 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to open a new thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Line 6 m13 going crazy
by Jscucc on 2010-11-22 11:06:44

Im using the most recent firmware and it downloaded successfully and never had problems.

by ricksox on 2010-11-22 11:33:30

Thanks for getting back to me. Since the problems have been occurring have you tried a firmware reinstall?

If you have and the issues are still occurring then you have a hardware issue. A service center will need to be contacted to repair your M13 but if it's only a couple of months old then you are completely covered under warranty.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Warranty FAQ:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4838

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Line 6 m13 going crazy
by austinlindsay on 2011-11-19 00:44:32

Hey I have an M13 that is doing the same thing as the origional poster described.
I've only had it 2 months but apperantly Guitar Center won't take it back, and I've tried updating the firmware but nothing happens. What can I do?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.