These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Recording vocals in GarageBand not working, but guitar input works
by nadhome on 2010-11-13 13:25:29

Hi,

Trying to record vocals through the GX via GarageBand on a Macbook.  The Microphone is a Sennheiser e945. 

I have an guitar & electric violin working beautifully through the GX & recording with GarageBand.  Just can't get the Mic to work.

The mic works fine with PodStudio.

I'm guessing there's some settings that I need to configure ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !

RE: Recording vocals in GarageBand not working, but guitar input works
by ricksox on 2010-11-18 14:20:52

Hello,

The only thing I can think of is the adapter you are using to connect the mic to the 1/4" input of the GX. Have you tried another one?

This can't be a source select issue because the POD Studio GX has only one input.

Do you have another mic you can try?

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2010-11-22 10:55:15

Hello,

It has been 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to open a new thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Recording vocals in GarageBand not working, but guitar input works
by nadhome on 2010-11-22 16:43:56

Sorry, have been trying several other mic's & lots of different cables to see if it resolves the issue as suggested.

No luck.

I can now get all manner of instruments to record, including several guitars, electric violins, yamaha drums but just can't get any Mic that I plug in to work.

What's different about a Mic compared with an instrument ? 

Could there be settings in Garageband that need to be changed ?

by ricksox on 2010-11-22 17:41:22

The only possible difference I can think of is that all of your mics are condenser mics which require phantom power which the GX does not provide. Is this something you have checked?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Recording vocals in GarageBand not working, but guitar input works
by nadhome on 2010-11-23 12:16:30

Thanks.

It's not something I've tried as yet, but your help has given me some pointers to investigate.

I'll take it to the store where I purchased the Line 6 box & Mic and see what they suggest, as the Mic's I've managed to borrow to try seem to be of a similar type and all with the same issue.

Thanks for your help. Apologies if some of the questions seemed dumb, but I'm just a novice trying to learn.

I'm getting there with some great help.

Thanks again for your assistance.  Have a fantastic day.

Cheers,

Anthony

Sydney, Australia.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.