These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Latency - Sonar 8 + KeyStation Pro 88 + Pod Studio UX2 + plugins.
by gdegani on 2010-11-18 02:55:11

Good morning,

I'm having a latency issue when playing. First check my specs:

Dual Core 1.8Ghz

2Gb RAM DDR3

2Tb HD (7200)

Windows XP SP3 (optmized according to the line 6 online guide)

Pod Studio UX2 connected on USB 2.0 (Configs: Extra Low Latency, lowest buffer and

Midi Controler Key Station Pro 88 (M-Audio) connected on USB 2.0 (It don't have any own sound, needs a plugin to work)

Monitors KRK Rokit 8

Sonar Producer 8.3

All the drivers updated.

I open my Sonar, create a BFD 2 Midi track, True piano 2 Midi track or any other Midi track to record directly from my Keystation, but when I play, the sound on the monitors comes in delay. This is enough to not be able to play any song since it's quite dificult to play a note and hear it after about 0,5 sec or so. Also, testing this delay, if I keep playing the same note quickly, the delay cut off some of them. I mean, if I play fast10 times the same note it will sound dealyed and will break the sequence not play some of this 10 times.

Well, I try closing my Sonar and open the Reason Adapted. Ok, the delay was very lower while playing few notes, but when playing a hole play with fast sequences along left hand harmonization, the daley comes back to amost 0,5 sec, and I can't keep playing (the "one not fast issue" doesn't happen on reason).

I've heard two time from two different friends that they already had problems with Tone Port UX 2 with the same think, but I'm using the POD Studio UX2. I took my Keystation to one of these friend's house and it worked completely fine (Digidesign Mbox2 and quad core 2.0ghz). So, it is not the problem. Before, I put money on a better computer (I7 960 3.06Ghz, 8Ghz RAM, 4Tb HD, WIndows 7 64bit) I want to be SURE that my POD STUDIO is NOT the problem.

Also, I never could record on 24 bit/96, but that other question.

Dear Line 6 felows, thank you for your support, and I'm waitng for an answer, a tip, or any thing that helps me.

See ya.

Re: Latency - Sonar 8 + KeyStation Pro 88 + Pod Studio UX2 + plugins.
by gdegani on 2010-11-19 09:02:28

Hey, is anybody out there?

Re: Latency - Sonar 8 + KeyStation Pro 88 + Pod Studio UX2 + plugins.
by gdegani on 2010-11-22 08:27:10

I'll keep trying,

Is there any professional who can give me a tip? Some one who knows how things works?

RE: Latency - Sonar 8 + KeyStation Pro 88 + Pod Studio UX2 + plugins.
by ricksox on 2010-11-22 12:55:54

Hello,

You have Sonar configured to use the POD Studio ASIO driver?

Are you saying that if you rewire Reason Adapted and try to trigger a synth you get high latency?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Latency - Sonar 8 + KeyStation Pro 88 + Pod Studio UX2 + plugins.
by gdegani on 2010-11-23 08:19:43

Hi Miller!

Thank you very much for your support!

The Sonar wasn't configured to use the ASIO (I would never figure it out since I've never had recording issue before)

Now, about the Reason.

Reason Adapted Stand Alone has no latency for single notes and slow playing. But when I start playing something fast, with both hands (2 or more notes at the same time) it starts to get some latency.

I've just checked Reason Rewire and it's Ok for playing and no latency, but it's making a really strange sound. When I first heard I thought on cliping, but it happens even with the volume quite low. I'll record something when I get home and post here for you to hear.

Thanks for all.

by ricksox on 2010-11-23 09:03:48

Hello,

If you'd like to post a clip then that would be fine.

Are you sure you are using the UX2 ASIO driver inside Reason Adapted?

Have you tried adjusting the buffer settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel for the UX2?

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2010-11-29 12:57:27

Hello,

It has been 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to open a new thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.