These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm 2 in Sonar 8.5
by slinkee on 2010-11-19 13:49:42

Hello,

I have heard that there are issues using Pod Farm 2 in 64-bit Sonar 8.5 (Windows 7). I have a PodXT Live that I would like to use as a plug-in in Sonar instead of recording through an interface. Will Pod Farm work? Can I use my XT for the sound processing instead of Pod Farm (to save cpu resources)? Also, is there a Windows 7 editor/librarian that I can use for my XT? I would ideally like to create a sound in Pod Farm 2 for recording in Sonar 8.5, then be able to transfer that patch into the PodXT for live use. Thanks!

-Chris

RE: Pod Farm 2 in Sonar 8.5
by ricksox on 2010-11-22 15:25:47

Hello,

I have talked to a few people that have had some one off issues but I tend to think they are more system specific than actual bugs.

Maybe some other conflicts occurring somewhere else on their computers.

I have been able to reproduce some bizarre audio processing issues but I've never been able to do it consistently.

I think that generally speaking, Sonar and POD Farm work very well together.

You can actually use Gearbox 3.72 to edit patches on Windows 7 with your XTL.

Also, whenever you use the plug in you will be using your CPU for signal processing. There isn't a way to use the plug in but pull the CPU off of the POD directly.

Line6Miller

RE: Pod Farm 2 in Sonar 8.5
by ricksox on 2010-11-29 13:03:10

Hello,

It has been 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to open a new thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.