These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Installation of 50-02-0250 chip...need software installed?
by razorbackplayer on 2010-11-21 16:55:06

i have recently aquired the 50-02-0250 chip for my spider valve 112 to replace the 35-00-0250 (as we know is the faulty chip) and was wondering if i install it myself is there any software issues i have to worry about such as installing drivers or installing something onto the chip to make it work?

i know this is not endorsed by line 6 but when my gear breaks right before a gig and i dont exactly have the money to send it away and get it repaired and only just scraped through to get the chip...not happy...and trying to cut the cost as much as possible.

Re: Installation of 50-02-0250 chip...need software installed?
by mtnman82 on 2010-11-21 21:54:35

Hmmm, please enlighten me...  Is this for a MkI or MkII Spider Valve?  And what is this chip?

Re: Installation of 50-02-0250 chip...need software installed?
by razorbackplayer on 2010-11-22 00:39:54

Is for a mk1 spider valve and computer board (sorry i said chip before but its a whole board of components) controls the led light up and all the saved presets for tones, i think it also holds most of the effects like distortion and delay etc...its the chip they replace when they overheat and start going haywire...problem also occurs in the 212 and hd100

RE: Installation of 50-02-0250 chip...need software installed?
by Line6Hugo on 2010-11-22 17:51:23

As you already seem to know, we cannot provide you with any repair information on the repair of the amp's components as this info is only available to service centers. Main reason for this is that there are lethal voltages in there and do not want anybody hurting themselves. I have no doubt you may be fully capable of performing this, however, as our policy stands, you will need to take it in to an authorized service center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.