These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD 500 : standard assignment of effect groups, amps to FS
by chapter3 on 2010-11-22 03:21:21

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to (standard) assign effect types or amps to a fixed footswitch ...

ex : all "filter" effects to FS 4, all "delays" to FS 8

That way you'll always have the same reference points on your floorboard.

Unless I'm doing something wrong or haven't found the page to fix this ... my effects are wondering about the floorboard.  I have to do the assigning manually.

Maybe a suggestion for software update...

Franky

Re: POD HD 500 : standard assignment of effect groups, amps to FS
by Jason_Kennedy on 2010-11-22 04:03:36

To the best of my knowledge, the Foot Switches will default to FS1=FX slot 1, FS2=FX Slot 2 etc. If you want to always have your delay etc. on the same FS, then always put it in the same slot - or do what you are currently doing.

I believe the reason the HD500 doesn't do this is because it's purpose is to give the user as much control and flexibility as possible - defaulting certain types of effects to certain FS would limit this a little, and in my opinion would be a step backward.

Maybe you would have been more suited to an HD300 or 400 as they will always have specific FX controlled by specific FS.

Jason

by chapter3 on 2010-11-22 04:27:43

To be able to assign effect types to any of the FS's is (in my opinion) flexibility ...and can avoid having to assign everything manually.

But I see where your going with the Fx-slots.  I tried it  but I didn't get the result I was looking for...

Does anyone have an overview where the FX blocks in the Edit Panels route to FS-wise ?

by ba_hill on 2010-11-22 04:57:35

Hi,

One way to do something like this is to make a patch with one effect from the group assigned to a particular footswitch, e.g.  Tube Comp from Dyn on FS1, Screamer from Dist on FS2, etc. Then copy that patch to all the slots in one of the user playlists. Whenever you want to create a new patch you can start from that "template" and your footswitches/effect groups will already be set up.

Brian

by FrozenOzone on 2010-11-22 08:00:19

+1  That's what I have been doing and it works great. I like the total control you have with this unit and I wouldn't change a thing.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.