These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Route input 1 and input 2 to separate outputs?
by zeartist on 2010-11-23 19:17:43

Hi, I'm contemplating purchasing a HD500, but I'm wondering if it's possible to route the two inputs to the two ouputs separately (not have both signals "mix together" at some point in the signal chain). A quick scan of the documentation seems to hint this is possible on the input side and the internal signal chain, but mentions nothing about output.

My typical use would be to use input 1 for a guitar and input 2 for vocals. Most of the FX would be on the guitar, but sometimes I'd run FX on vocals too. So basically I'd want to route both signals separately throughout the chain.

By the way, kudos on making the HD500 into a good floor midi controller also. I was very interested in the Pod X3 Live until I noticed it cannot be configured to be used as a midi controller. I have a bunch of other gear (synths mostly) that I'm looking forward to control with a foot controller, and most floor based systems currently contain either just amps and effects or midi controllers, but rarely both and typically with not much customisation options. The HD500 looks quite flexible and useful in that regard.

Thanks!

Re: Route input 1 and input 2 to separate outputs?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-11-24 06:08:19

Hi

Yes you can route two signals through the HD500 separately.  You simply pan the outputs hard left and right and use the XLR outs or ensure that you use two jack leads into the 1/4" outputs to prevent them summing the signal into mono (the XLR's don't do this).

Nick

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.