These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD on bass?
by zeartist on 2010-11-23 22:02:29

I've seen that the X3 had amp models for bass and even for vocals, but I didn't see this advertised on the HD500 I'm looking at... Does anyone use it on bass or vocals and can they assess how much difference there is compared to the X3 ?

Are there any plans from Line 6 to include other amp models to fit this need in the near future ?

Thanks !

Re: Pod HD on bass?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-11-24 05:54:02

The HD500 is primarily a device intended for six string guitar, but it is possible to get perfectly acceptable bass sounds using it.  i have done it as have some others, but to be fair I'm not a bass player but I do know a good bass sound

People have asked about additional amp models and bass has been mentioned more than once as have acoustic amp sims.  Line 6 will be aware of these requests and hopefully they will be developing some additional amp models , but no-one knows for sure if or when they might make any additions, so we will just need to wait and see.  Line 6 will never comment on their plans for their product lines.

Nick

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.