These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport KB37 installation trouble
by eks_ on 2010-12-01 09:29:40

Hi there,

I recently got a new Toneport KB37. I repeatedly installed the Line6 software (Gearbox, Monkey) provided with the device as required, but as soon as I connect the KB37 with my iMac, i get the system message to restart my computer (by pressing the power button until it shuts down). This message appears again after reboot when the KB37 is still  connected.

I haven't been able to use my Line6 gear at all so far and I'm frustrated at a max. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Christoph B.

P.S.: My setup is a new Apple iMac 2,8 GHz Intel i5 Quadcore with Mac OS X 10.6.4. I use Reaper as DAW software. No USB hubs.

Re: Toneport KB37 installation trouble
by Triryche on 2010-12-01 10:29:26

Download the newest Monkey / drivers directly from the website.

http://line6.com/software/

Also, check out this announcement regarding 64 bit kernel

11/17/10 - We  currently do not offer a supported Mac driver for 64 bit kernel  installs of Mac OSX Snow Leopard however, Line 6 is actively working on a  new 64 bit compatible driver for Snow Leopard but no ETA has been  announced yet. Please be sure to check in periodically on any new news regarding this driver.

Re: Toneport KB37 installation trouble
by eks_ on 2010-12-06 01:06:59

Hello Triryche,

thanks for responding. Your answer was basically right. The hitch of it all was one tiny issue however. If I connected the KB37 at any stage before all drivers were upgraded to  the very latest version, the computer would ask me to shut down. When I connected the device with my Mac after completely updating every Line6 driver, it suddenly worked.

So basically, following the instructions of the install programm ("connect the KB37 now"), didn't get me anywhere. You simply do not connect the device until the very end of installation/upgrade. Stupid pitfall. Took me many hours to realize this .

So thanks again! KInd regards!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.