These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Recording Via USB problem
by hrodmusic on 2010-12-01 22:20:46

ok so i just bought my pod hd500 i upgraded from the toneport gx, and i have a question! soo when i try to record via usb the signal is really low, i have the volume set all the way on the pod, volume and master and its still the same! what is going how do i fix it?

Re: Recording Via USB problem
by cu2day on 2010-12-15 19:44:45

I have that exact same problem and am also wondering what the solution is.

by olerabbit on 2010-12-15 22:31:32

Do you record into a MAC? If yes this is a known issue especially with 64 bit systems.

There are some threads reportiing this problem.

by songwaters on 2010-12-16 00:12:27

The master vlume is independent of the USB volume.

there are the 4 things you can try:

1)increase the channel volume up from 0Db in the mixer blocek to the maximum possible for both chanells without recution in recorded sound quality.

2)increase the amp volume

3)increase the distortion stomp's volume(if its there in your chain)

4)increase the input volume of your DAW for the selected chanell

FYI, I too feel the USB volume at 0db mixer level for clean patches is a bit low.

by hrodmusic on 2010-12-16 00:16:01

im recording on a laptop windows 7 64bit, um the volume is set pretty high, also i notices that while recording i hear like crackling and stuff? could it be my usb port being a bit weak?

by squashpile on 2010-12-16 19:27:55

Sounds like you are clipping to me.

by cu2day on 2010-12-16 21:13:58

In my case a Windows7 PC, my volume is at max on my POD HD500 USB through my computer

This may sound like a silly question but what is a DAW?

For clean patches the volume is way too low, I'll see if I can get into those mixer setting you are talking about.

by hrodmusic on 2010-12-16 22:50:58

yep thats the correct word bro, im clipping, how do i fix that?

by Ibanezs5470 on 2011-05-18 04:03:46

I have a problem with USB while recording in Windows XP- My POD HD  500  is up to date and my system is stable. Everything seems to be ok,  but  after I enter the tuner and I press exit, ( It doesn't matter if i  do  this with the knobs or pedals ) the communication between the  computer  and my POD sucks... and after that my computer can't playback or   receive audio, and I must turn off my laptop, and the pod hd and  reboot.....

My driver is the latest version....

So i am a  little bit angry, because I can't do  recording...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

by johnpicton on 2011-05-18 08:49:34

cu2day wrote:

In my case a Windows7 PC, my volume is at max on my POD HD500 USB through my computer

This may sound like a silly question but what is a DAW?

For clean patches the volume is way too low, I'll see if I can get into those mixer setting you are talking about.

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation. It is the generic term for recording software you would use on your computer.

Regards

John

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.