These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Hear the presets sound...
by robyone on 2010-12-02 04:58:01

Hi. I don't know if this is a good idea.

On Soundcloud i've created a group for hear the sound of preset i upload on customtone. If others make same thing ( needs few minutes for this ) could be interesting?

It's Free.

Follow the link below

http://soundcloud.com/groups/line6-pod-hd500-sounds

Thanksand sorry for my english......

Re: Hear the presets sound...
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-12-02 05:21:13

Hi

Yes. I think it's a great idea to have an audio demo of some of the presets on Custom Tone.  It would be great if say there was space on Custom Tone to upload a short 10 second clip of each tone perhaps.  

Some constructive comments: 

I do think it's important to name the tone preset that's on Custom Tone in your group when posting audio clips.  I just took a listen to your clip (sounds very nice BTW) and then took a look on Custom Tone for what I thought was the preset name you'd uploaded and couldn't find anything (although I didn't spend more than a couple of minutes looking to be fair), so I would suggest that you make it clearer as to which tones were actually used to produce the audio clips.  Apologies if I missed something obvious.

it's nice to have a long clip sometimes in my opinion to show off sounds in the context of a song, but I would think for most purposes a short ten second clip would be sufficient for users to get the flavour of how a preset is intended to sound.

Good stuff though and I think it will be a very useful resource if you can directly point users at the correct presets.  And it's good that people can join the group and contribute too so you don't have to do all the hard work yourself - I like your thinking

Regards

Nick

by catalano on 2010-12-02 06:11:50

Hey Roby,

I would love to have the preset you used for the lead guitar sound on Toys.  That was very nice.  Great composition by the way!

Regards,
Chris

by robyone on 2010-12-02 09:37:25

I totally agree on your comments!!!; i put the link for soundcloud page on the preset comment (on customtone)...the name of preset is the same for both pages, try sort per date and you will find it.

Thank you for your precious support on this forum..

by robyone on 2010-12-02 09:53:18

Hi Chris, thanks for positive comments!!

Is there a little problem for your request; i've record this song a couple of months ago with another hard/software, ( i have bought POD HD500 about two weeks....)!!!

I try to make a preset similar to the one i used in this song, i need more work on this 'cause is not simply (specially on the wha setting..)....anyway when i' m do it i'll post.

Best regards roby

by catalano on 2010-12-02 10:37:26

Thanks Roby,

I'm looking forward to it.

robyone wrote:

Hi Chris, thanks for positive comments!!

Is there a little problem for your request; i've record this song a couple of months ago with another hard/software, ( i have bought POD HD500 about two weeks....)!!!

I try to make a preset similar to the one i used in this song, i need more work on this 'cause is not simply (specially on the wha setting..)....anyway when i' m do it i'll post.

Best regards roby

by aloymetal on 2010-12-02 17:13:54

not good...but, it's a GREAT idea!

by robyone on 2010-12-03 04:03:21

...i like because it's easy to add info (guitar, pickups, live or studio, pa or amp ecc) wich is an important side of the final tone we want....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.