These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Is there another way to update products without having to use the line 6 monkey?
by jboges on 2010-12-02 13:31:41

I recently purchased the 3 model pack deal for pod farm and to install it, Monkey needs to be used to update it. Monkey will not login or connect giving the error (code 8000204f) sockets: connection refused. Iv'e tried the supplied instructions in the error message as well as researched others with this problem in the interent. It seems as there was no real solution given to any of these people, making me believe the error is too complex for line 6 to help with. I was wondering if there was any other way i could possibly download the model packs and manually update the software. If not I was also wondering if there was any way i could be issued a refund for my purchase. Thanks.

Re: Is there another way to update products without having to use the line 6 monkey?
by silverhead on 2010-12-02 13:44:28

jboges wrote:

......... Iv'e tried the supplied instructions in the error message as well as researched others with this problem in the interent............

Have you searched this forum for additoinal information? Perhaps we can help - can you give us more information about your environment - computer, OS, other USB devices,.....

Are you sure you are using a USB 2.0 connection to your computer, with no USB hub?

Re: Is there another way to update products without having to use the line 6 monkey?
by jboges on 2010-12-06 16:40:22

yes I have searched throughly on the line6 support website and forum. I have not seen anyone's problem sufficiently solved. I believe this may be a problem that varies from individual to individual and therefore, difficult to solve. I am using a windows xp computer with service pack3. There are other non-browser programs on my computer that cannot connect to the internet as well. I contacted my isp and they had no answer for me. I was just wondering if this product  can be manually installed somehow without having to use the monkey software.

by TheRealZap on 2010-12-06 17:45:59

you can download and install alot of things without monkey... however you HAVE to use monkey to authorize anything like the model packs... so you really need to use monkey....

you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase....

have you looked at the internet options in control panel....

then go to connections/lan settings.... make sure there is no proxy and that automatically detect is selected....

then go to the advanced tab and reset the advanced settings and restore settings.

might also help to delete all your previous cache/history from the general tab as well....

try monkey after that... as those settings can affect it as well...

by vedgor on 2011-09-25 12:07:28

i'm new here, but I want to thank you, TheRealZap, I had the same problem with that error, and your instructions helped me, so now Line6 Monkey works, thanks man

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.