These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Repairs in Australia
by steveofthehyenas on 2010-12-08 14:07:15

Hi.  Can a HD500, bought in the USA, be repaired in Australia?  I understand that technically the warranty only applies in the country where it was bought, but are repairs possible for a fee (at the Rowville centre)?  Thankyou.

RE: Repairs in Australia
by ricksox on 2010-12-08 15:49:14

Hello,

It's really up to the discretion of the distributor. They need to at least be an authorized Line 6 distributor so they can order parts from us.

I'm not sure about the repair center you called out but I can tell you that Music Link AU has turned down repairs in the past when people were even willing to pay.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Repairs in Australia
by steveofthehyenas on 2010-12-08 17:05:34

Hi, thanks heaps for the response.  Do you mean to say they've turned down repairs of units bought in the USA specifically, or that they've turned down repair of units bought in Australia?  I.e. if i bought the unit in Australia, does that decrease that risk?

Thanks again,

Steve

by steveofthehyenas on 2010-12-08 17:08:20

Also, is there anywhere in Australia that would reliably repair either a unit bought in the USA, or a unit bought in Australia?

Thanks again,

Steve

RE: Repairs in Australia
by Line6david on 2010-12-09 15:53:25

Hi,

The warranty for a particular unit is only valid in the country that it was bought in. If you live in Australia, you should purchase a unit from a local dealer.

The service center in Australia is:

Music Link Australia

Servicing: Electronics, Guitars

29 South Corporate Drive

Rowville, Victoria

0061397656565 (phone)

0061397656566 (fax)

service@musiclink.com.au

But they can decline to repair any unit bought in another country because the unit has no warranty.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by steveofthehyenas on 2010-12-09 16:35:14

Hi again,

I have contacted Music Link for further information.  They advise that they in fact do not repair Line 6 products.  In fact, they advise that "Logitronics" is the repairer (http://www.logitronics.com.au/).  Do you happen to know what's going on in this case?

Thanks again for your help,

Stephen

by steveofthehyenas on 2010-12-09 16:38:49

Actually, don't worry.  I've called them and they advise they do do repairs, for fees etc.

Thanks

Steve

by tozzy1981 on 2012-04-15 16:44:42

Hi yes I am in the same boat. I bought mine when I was living in America and now I am in Australia also. My unit only worked 5 times before it now freezes on load up and I cannot get it fixed anywhere... I use a power converter so the unit should have worked fine. Pretty disapointed by the lack of help with it.

Re: Repairs in Australia
by flying_dutchman on 2012-09-04 06:01:04

Same level of disappointment here. Thought I bought the dream rig. Now I am stuck with a broken variax and a void warranty because I bought the guitar in another country.... I was quite happy with the stuff, until this week. :-(

Line 6, is there any change in warranty policy expected ??

Rob

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.