These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

PODxt Live Blank Screen! Please Help ASAP!
by ChrisBailey2011 on 2010-12-11 07:28:49

Ok so I have been looking around the forums for fixes to this problem with no avail...

My problem is as follows:

When I switch on my PODxt Live the screen is blank, and the Amp, Stomp, Mod lights light up... THATS IT! Nothing else happens.

What I have tried...

Holding Save + Edit then pressing Output = After 3 seconds of pressing it, goes blank....

Booting up in safe mode, USB will not recognise it at all. Safe mode or not... (Not Using a USB Hub, just straight in the port)

SRAM Test has passed with no problem... then restart and back to a blank screen...

I really want to try and Flash the memory but when I try and connect it does not even notice its there. I have tried to install the drivers, but at the end it says something like "Now connect your device via USB to complete" So I do, and I says complete... Start up Monkey and it says its still not installed... I cant afford it to be repaired and nothing has happened to this like dropped ect, so please ANYONE give me another way of trying to fix it please!

My serial is

21FPD2P54xxxxxxx

(If that changes anything)

Thanks in advance...

(hidden serial nº for your safety / Message was edited by: line6antonio)

Re: PODxt Live Blank Screen! Please Help ASAP!
by TheRealZap on 2010-12-11 08:35:20

you will likely need repair from the sounds of it... BUT... you need to boot the XT in safe mode... not the computer...

Q: How do I reflash in "safe mode"?

A: Safe mode can be used when a unit cannot be reflashed using the normal  reflash procedure.  Hold the first black soft key from the left (under  the LCD readout) while powering the PODxt to start your unit in safe  mode.

if you were able to test the SRAM you must have gotten into safe mode...

anyway once you are in safe mode on the xt... leave it alone.. go to your pc and run monkey, and tell it to reinstall the latest.

you can also try another machine, if possible...

Re: PODxt Live Blank Screen! Please Help ASAP!
by ChrisBailey2011 on 2010-12-12 08:59:51

No I meant I booted up the POD in safe mode, not the computer. Guess Its fucked.

Oh well..

RE: PODxt Live Blank Screen! Please Help ASAP!
by laplayantonio on 2010-12-14 03:42:38

hello Chris

it seems your XTL needs repairing

please contact directly your Line6 dealer if your gear is still under warranty

if it's not longer under warranty, please contact UK's Line6 Service Center:

4 Sopwith Way

Drayton Fields Industrial Estates

Daventry, Northamptonshire

NN11 8PB

0044 (0)1327 302 717 (phone)

0044 (0)1327 302 704 (fax)

Cordially,

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.