These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly [NOT ANSWERED]
by ToneBum on 2010-12-13 08:11:54

L6,

My M9 enters into loop mode without me holding down the tap tempo footswitch. It happens most often after I tap in a tempo for one of my delays. Here's a video replicating the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr1Ji34Yt5Y

Itried restoring it to factory settings and reinstalling the firmware but the problem persists.

I also gave it to my local L6 authorised repair tech (Mars Amp Repair http://www.marsamprepair.com/)and they replaced all the lightpipes and the main circut board and still the problem persists. My 1 year warranty ends in January so I need to get this resolved quick.

Please help!

RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by Line6Hugo on 2010-12-15 15:07:38

From your video it appears that there may be a hardware problem with the M9, regardless of what may have already been done to it.

I would suspect a faulty TAP switch possible stying held down when you let go causing it to go into Looper Mode.

You will need to take it back to a service center to get the unit repaired.

How long has it been since it was at Mars repair? There is a 90 day warranty on repairs.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2010-12-15 15:26:23

L6,

I agree, I believe it's a hardware issue as well.

I just now got my pedal back from Mars. It had all the symptoms it previously had going in for repair coming out. If possible, I want to send it to YOU so that the job can be done right. Though Mars has done a good job following up with me, it took them two months to get the pedal back to me in the first place and I can't afford that kind of wait again. How do I get it in L6's hands?

by Line6Hugo on 2010-12-16 14:41:50

Tonebum,

I have assigned you a support ticket to resolve this issue. Please use the following link to view your support ticket:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2010-12-16 15:30:57

Thanks! I think I already got a ticket started however. Sorry about the dual lines of conversation. I sent in an RMA request a few days ago and I think that got processed right before your ticket was made. I've been communicating back and forth all day via that first ticket.

by Kneehow on 2010-12-16 15:48:31

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll close this thread out and let you continue with our Service Department Admin via the first ticket.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: M9 Issue - Entering Loop Mode Randomly
by ToneBum on 2012-06-26 15:47:43

Hey guys, after a year and a half the problem rose up again. When I tap in a tempo, it seems the swtich gets stuck down and enters into loop mode. Also, I'm noticing the tap tempo firing significantly different tempos than I'm tapping in. I'm sure it's the mechanical switch again. I know it's out of warranty but is there anything you guys can do considering this is the second time it's happened, I'm the original owner, and it really does seem to be a defect in the hardware itself?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.