These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD300 not recognized correctly
by dtmccl2 on 2010-12-13 10:55:31

Hi,

My POD HD300 is not being consistantly recognized correctly on my PC.  Sometimes it is recognized correctly as the HD300 but most of the time my PC finds the POD to be a "Digidesign Mbox (Firmware Update Mode)" in the device manager.  When the HD300 is incorrectly recognized as the Mbox neither Monkey nor the HD editor program will see the HD as connected to my computer.  Also note that I have never had an Mbox.  I have done the following in an attempt to solve the problem:

1.  I have tried rebooting my computer.

2.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers and software multiple times.

3.  I have tried using a different USB cable and different USB ports with no better results.

4.  I connected the HD300 to my alternate computer, a laptop running WinXP (normal PC, does not have Pro Tools or any Pro Audio device) with the same intermittent results.

5.  One of the times when I got the device to connect correctly to my laptop I went ahead and updated the USB firmware and Flash;  both processes completed correctly without errors.  This did not solve the issue.

If you could tell me how to fix this bug I would really appreciate it.  I like to use the editor program to make custom tones and am unable to do this reliably.  Thank you.

RE: HD300 not recognized correctly
by ricksox on 2010-12-14 16:27:50

Hello,

I don;t think this is a bug with our POD as much as it is a software that you may have installed on your computers at one point in time.

I googled what you see in device manager and it looks like this was a problem with older MBox devices.

Despite the fact that you have never owned an MBox have you ever plugged one into your computers? Perhaps a friends MBox?

I really think you should contact Digidesign to see how to remove that software from your computer.

http://www.driverssoftware.com/drivers.php/digidesign-mbox-firmware-upgrade-mode-driver/13346

Line6Miller

Re: RE: HD300 not recognized correctly
by dtmccl2 on 2010-12-15 07:08:41

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I googled the problem as well, but the problem is that I have never owned, used, or in any way connected an Mbox device to my PC.  In fact I did a full hard drive format a couple of weeks ago prior to installing Pro Tools.  In addition, the line6 device also shows up as an Mbox on my laptop which has never even had Pro Tools or any other recording software on it.  I can give digidesign a shout but since I have never owned one of their products I hadn't done this before.

RE: HD300 not recognized correctly
by ricksox on 2010-12-17 12:11:35

Hello,

I believe you but you are the only person that is having this problem with his/her HD300 which leads me to believe the issue is your computer and not the POD.

There's just no way our driver could be detected as an MBox on a computer without some other third party software interfering somehow.

If you'd like, you can send your POD back to us to have a look so we can plug it in to our computers to see if we can recreate it. That's your call. Let us know.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: HD300 not recognized correctly
by marting79 on 2011-07-10 15:41:00

Hi, it seems I´m the lucky user number 2 with this problem...

Never used an Mbox in this computer... (never used an mbox in my life)...

My OS is Windows XP SP3.

Have you solved this issue??

Thanks!.

M.

Re: HD300 not recognized correctly
by marting79 on 2011-07-10 16:08:42

OK, I´ve found the solution, Factory reset as this video explains:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2043

Thanks.

M.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.