These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by vorphallack on 2010-12-16 02:34:46

I update my POD HD300 with the latest Firmware 1.10 with my laptop but now im trying to install the drivers in my Desktop and says that the driver was installed but when i plug my POD HD300 my computer doesn't find the driver,i also tried to plug my POD HD300 in my laptop and the same thing happened.....weird...any help will be raeally appreciated

Re: I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by Rowbi on 2010-12-16 02:48:36

can you try going to the add/remove programs in your control panel (it's called programs and features in windows 7). remove any line 6 software, and restart your PC.  then download the drivers from the downloads link at the top of this page.  then install them before connecting your POD.  then try connecting your POD again.

if you still have problems, make sure you try each USB port on your system, as some systems use internal USB hubs (like the front usb ports on most PCs) and USB audio devices often don't like USB hubs.

let us know how you get on

Rowbi

by vorphallack on 2010-12-16 03:38:18

I Think im returning this to the place where i bought it ,i spent 3 hours trying and trying since a lot of people have the same problem with all POD HD's this is a Line 6 Driver Issue,and i dont have the time to figure out the solution i rather spend more time playing than trying to fix something that should be working since you open the box...

Funny Fact : i had a spider valve and i took it to replace center 3 times and the technician told me something like this :  Line 6 is paying my rent !!! now i know why !!!

by joaokorb on 2010-12-16 04:17:44

How could this guy update to a future release firmware ? Oh bugger.

by vorphallack on 2010-12-16 17:30:53

yeah you are totally right sad but true,like always line 6 trying to innovate but leaving this kind of problems to you the user,we dont need to spend time doing this over and over,it makes a good idea become a not reliable device....

by joaokorb on 2010-12-17 03:10:37

I´m thinking now if I should have sold my stompboxes pedalboard over this POD. The promo videos said I should. Also the promo videos said If I could dream of a sound the HD500 could do it, but when I tried to dial my dual amp plus 63 reverb, compressor and analog delays on the line I got lack of DSP. Not complaining dogh. The HD300 is a bang for the buck. But I just think the HD500 doesnt do everything the promo videos said it would. Note 8.0 for the HD300, 5.0 for the HD500 and 10.0 for the Line6 Marketing People, they for sure know how to sell any stuff you pay them to get sold.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-12-17 08:01:58

Hi

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties installing your HD300 software on your computer.  Whilst there is a chance that there may be a physical fault inherent in your specific unit, the likelihood is that something in the way your computer is configured, or something related to another device is actually the cause of your problem.  Rowbi's advice is also what I would have offered as a starting point.  Both of us work in IT and come across these kinds of issues every day in our day jobs and 9 times out of 10 the issue turns out to be a driver conflict with something else installed in the system - note this is not Line 6 specific.

Some people may have had issues installing their HD300 software certainly, but the majority of these will be due to the system/other software/other peripherals, and therefore solveable.  A few may have been due to hardware problems.

The problem I have in helping you resolve your issue is that a) I don't have the machine sitting in front of me (impractical) and as a result; b) your system is unique to you, and; c) I have only a sketchy idea about your system - its OS, other peripherals, other software so can only offer general suggestions for you to try.  The more information you can give about your system, the better the chances of someone being able to help you resolve your situation.  The forum isn't quite the same as being able to assist over the phone (slower) unfortunately but we do our best

I think the chances of it being a problem with your computer system/configuration etc... are far higher than it being a faulty unit, but that to is still a possibility.

If you can share a bit more info, it would be helpful.

Thanks

regards

Nick

by vorphallack on 2010-12-17 10:45:42

Well, when you said system you should say systems because i've tried to do that in my Desktop Computer and in my Laptop, i did the update from 1.3 to 1.10 in my laptop so i think my laptop should recognize my device but after the update it doesn't...i guess is an Update Bug or the driver is no longer compatible with my Windows 7....

by vorphallack on 2010-12-17 10:50:35

yeah if you sold your stompboxes to buy hd500 you should sell it and get BOSS GT10 that thing is very reliable and you can take the advantage of the USB connection, one of my friends have one and he has never had any problems with it,i didn't want to spend 500 dlls on a effects pedal but im gonna save a couple hundred dollars more and send this back and get the BOSS GT 10....

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-12-17 10:56:57

Thanks for the update.

Assuming you've tried a different USB cable and provided you have applied the correct driver to your computers, that does sound suspiciously like the update itself may have failed in some way to me.  Unfortunately I don't have the HD300, but there may be a way to re-apply the updated firmware - no guarantees, but the HD300 has a 'safe mode' I believe which may help your computer(s) detect the HD300 well enough to allow you to retry flashing the firmware.

If that is not possible, I would indeed suggest returning the HD300 to your supplier for a direct replacement if they will do that for you, or to a Line 6 authorised Service Centre for repair/replacement.

Nick

by vorphallack on 2010-12-17 15:25:20

I was reading the manual but i couldn't find any kind of SAFE MODE on POD HD300, do you know how can i get access to it?

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-12-18 02:53:19

Hi

I don't have the HD300, but have done some digging around.  Try holding the A button down whilst powering up.  Sorry if that doesn't work

Nick

by Mr_Arkadin on 2010-12-18 06:00:56

nickmattocks wrote:

Try holding the A button down whilst powering up.  Sorry if that doesn't work

I haven't tried it in a while but apparently that was dropped after the beta stage - it certaily worked before the final software release.

by vorphallack on 2010-12-18 14:48:11

It Doesn't Work i tried that but instead of putting the device in SAFE MODE is a FACTORY RESTORE........:(

by vorphallack on 2010-12-20 19:45:30

Line 6 seems to dont have the answer for customers....!!!!

RE: I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by ricksox on 2010-12-21 10:39:01

Hello,

This isn't an update bug. This is a communication issue between your computers and your POD. This isn't affecting several other 300 users. It's affecting you.

I just want to make that clear before you start throwing around the word "bug". I feel like a lot of people deem things bugs before understanding how tour products are supposed to work etc.

Now, you haven't filled out your support profile so I have no idea what kind of computers you are connecting to. Could you please fill out 2 detailed support profiles for both of your computers?

http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/

Also, can you please tell me what you have done so far to troubleshoot your issue?

Have you tried connecting the POD to multiple USB ports on both of your computers?

Does the POD show up in your device manager at all as a USB device? Does your computer beep when you plug the POD into a USB port on your computer?

Lien6Miller

Re: RE: I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by vorphallack on 2010-12-21 16:00:12

mhhhh if its only me, why there's a lot of people with the same driver problem? i've been researching in the forums and at least there's 40 post with driver problems i guess that means something,anyway im gonna send it back to the place where i bought it,and you guys can close this thread as ANSWERED, Thanx to line 6 community for the help ad also to all users that tried to help me,HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND PEACE & LOVE FOR EVERYBODY....

Re: RE: I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by vorphallack on 2010-12-21 16:16:02

http://http://line6.com/community/message/199529#199529

">http://line6.com/community/message/199529#199529">http://http://line6.com/community/message/199529#199529

RE: I Can't Install driver for POD HD300
by ricksox on 2010-12-21 16:23:34

Again, you are misunderstanding me. Several people have driver issues yes. That goes beyond Line 6. Check out any audio interface company forums. Driver issues abound.

I am saying that just because people may have similar issues does not mean they are the same issues.

Now, if you'd like me to help you please answer my questions and I'd be happy to do what I can.

Line6Miller

by Feliciano2408 on 2011-04-04 11:09:46

Mine works fine I think. Im installing it right now. I just did what the Guys from line6 said i should do.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.