These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Any chance of help (besides service center) with ESN and USB Version displaying all zeroes- Pod xt Live?
by robbiebenson on 2010-12-22 00:28:40

I have the same problem that seems quite a few people have with the ESN and USB Version displaying all zeroes on my Pod xt Live with Line 6 Monkey reading a valid ESN and having the question mark next to the Flash Memory update status, but not being able to update the Flash. I used the ESN reported by Line 6 Monkey to register my product, so it should be OK. My Pod is not under warranty and I would like to repair it myself. I replace TQFP parts on PCB's where I work and would order the part and install it, but I am unable to program the flash.

Just beating the trees to see if there is any new info on the subject that might save me a few bus and time without my gear at the service center.

RE: Any chance of help (besides service center) with ESN and USB Version displaying all zeroes- Pod xt Live?
by ricksox on 2010-12-22 08:24:12

Hello,

You'll need to replace the secure memory chip in the POD with a new one. It's a tiny chip that contains your unique ESN as well as all of your model pack information and USB firmware.

I'm obligated to tell you to take it to an authorized service center for repair but if you think it's definitely something you can do (please keep in mind we cannot provide schematics for you) then you can give our service team a call and see if they'd be willing to get that part out to you.

I can't promise anything but it's worth a try to give them a call.

(818)575-3600

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.