These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Latency and other issues
by riffmasta1993 on 2010-12-27 13:56:29

Hi there,    

I got my Line 6 UX2 for Christmas and I love it, besides a few issues. I seem to be having a latency problem, it's not huge but it does mess me up quite a bit. I have set the audio buffer to its smallest setting and there's still noticeable latency. I am using Windows 7. Also, when I set my default speakers to the Line 6 drivers, I can't hear a thing. Any thoughts as to how to fix my latency problem? Thanks!

Re: Latency and other issues
by silverhead on 2010-12-27 14:00:23

Do you have your speakers/headphones connected to the UX2? If not, try that.

by riffmasta1993 on 2010-12-27 14:15:02

I have regular computer speakers, not audio monitors. But even if I got the right adapter for the speakers to plug into the UX2, would I still be able to record?

by riffmasta1993 on 2010-12-27 18:32:09

I'm going to see if Fred Meyers has the adapter I need. Luckily I have an old set of computer speakers I can use as stereo monitors. I'll post back with any other issues that I may have.

by silverhead on 2010-12-27 18:47:43

riffmasta1993 wrote:

....But even if I got the right adapter for the speakers to plug into the UX2, would I still be able to record?

Yes - that's the way it is designed. When you're using the UX2 it becomes your computer's soundcard. Your built-in computer soundcard and the speakers connected to it are bypassed.

by riffmasta1993 on 2010-12-27 22:18:30

I plugged my old computer speakers into the headphone jack and got it working perfectly. I did have to adjust the latency in Audacity a little bit for recording but I got it figured out. Thank you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.