These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Flextone II - Volume Issues
by macespn on 2010-12-27 16:48:14

Hi, I've had this issue before, and it usually solves itself, but it's sticking this time.

I own a used Flextone II XL (2x50)

i've had it for 4 months now, and it's worked like a charm

every now and then though, i have this issue: the amp will be at a 5 or a 6, but sound as if it's less than 1. You can hear it, but it's quiter than a bedroom amp on 1 and there is this hissing noise as well

Usually it happens right before band practice, and then it solves itself in about 5min or so

but i've been at it for a half hour and i've gotten nothing. i even let it sit and went back to it and that didn't work
idk what to do. And any and all varible you could think of i've tried (even though i know it's the amp because even when nothing's plugged in i still get the same hissing sound)

• different outlets
  • unplugging sound board
  • not going out of wah pedal
  • different chords
  • different guitars
  • ground/lift switch
  • live/studio switch
  • channel switch
  • bank switch
  • turning it on and off

HELP! I NEED IT!

Re: Flextone II - Volume Issues
by rverrico on 2011-02-01 18:11:51

Sorry I can't help you but, I'm interested in any feedback you get.  My Flextone IIHD just starting exhibiting sudden low volume while I'm playing and was wondering what's happening.  I'm guessing we might be looking at a hardware problem versus a software/firmware issue.  Good luck.

Re: Flextone II - Volume Issues
by macespn on 2011-02-02 13:44:53

I fixed my problem:
I simply lubed (don't ask me with what, I don't remember) the send returns jacks on the back. They were just rusty. The only thing I can tell you is to try that, and check your instrument. I had that problem with my strat, and it turned out to be the pickups
besides that I can't think of anything
they're particularly old amps so hardware is pretty likely

but make sure you check all things first b4 making a drastic decision

tg i didn't lol, didn't cost me a dime

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.