These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

RJ45 cable through multicore / RJ45 to XLR
by foem on 2010-12-30 00:56:24

Hi,

I have a PodXT and a FBV Shortboard that I connect via a RJ45 cable to my PodXT. Now I would like to place my Pod at the mixer in front of the stage. Therefore we have a multicore cable that we bring from the mixer to the stage, to connect all necessary instruments. Would it be possible to connect my Shortboard through that multicore by lets say 2 XLR cable? Or can anybody tell me which of the 8 cables in the RJ45 cable do I really need for the connection? If I knew that, I could make my own cable with RJ45 on the one side and 1,2 or 3 XLR on the other side. Then I could plug these XLR cables into the multicore and  on the other side use the same kind of cable again, from XLR back to RJ45 and connect that one to the Pod.

I hope someone has a good idea.

Many thanks in advance, Georg

RE: RJ45 cable through multicore / RJ45 to XLR
by ricksox on 2010-12-30 14:40:28

Hello,

This would require some sort of modification to the cable that we can't support.

I think your only option may be to keep the POD on stage and run it to a DI box to the front of the house.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.