These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

pod farm 2?
by slick2 on 2010-12-30 09:49:23
  1. I recently bought a toneport gx , registered it and downloaded podfarm and podfarm 2 , but when i launch podfarm 2 it says that it detects a toneport gx and i need to buy a license key. i was under the assumption that podfarm 2 was free on or after october 1st 2009 is this true?

RE: pod farm 2?
by ricksox on 2010-12-30 16:05:51

Hello,

The POD Farm 2 upgrade is only available for people who purchased the newer generation POD Studio GX devices that came bundled with the POD Farm 1 plug in and not the older TonePort devices.

Your registration shows that you registered a 1st generation TonePort GX.

Please see the following FAQ for more details on this:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1856

Line6Miller

RE: pod farm 2?
by Line6david on 2010-12-30 16:07:16

Hi,

The Toneport series of devices do not come with a POD Farm 2 license.

In order to use POD Farm 2, you will have to purchase a license:

http://line6.com/store/podfarm/toneportgx

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: pod farm 2?
by Rob_R on 2010-12-30 17:38:53

Speaking of Pod Farms, I have a new UX2 and have installed Pod Farm 2.  I also see Pod Farm on the list but haven't installed it because I have PF2, just curious why its on the list and activated.  If I install it do I get more Amp and stuff?

by slick2 on 2011-01-02 08:27:15

I'm not sure bro cause it seems that i cant get the podfarm 2 for some dumb technical reason and truthfully i dont think im going to purchase any other line 6 products , but i hear that the podfarm 2 is better than podfarm 1 because theres more amps and fx in the podfarm 2. hope this helps ya bro

by TheRealZap on 2011-01-02 09:22:14

no further amps etc... pod farm 2 has the exact same as pod farm 1...

the difference is that pod farm 2 adds some midi control capabilities... and more flexible routing... you can place effects anywhere and use more than one of each type... 2 delays etc... the reason that SOME people like myself might stay with pod farm 1, is that the tones made from pod farm 1 are compatible with the pod xt/x3 line so we can use those tones live... pod farm 2 is not, although it is obviously more powerful... the pod line cannot handle the additional routing...

and slick... you can have pod farm 2, really... its not a huge upgrade... but it is worth the asking price...

if you look online for the price difference between the toneport and the pod studio version you will see that the newer pod studio devices simply pay for the upgrade up front... as they are more expensive... anyway good luck... pod farm 1 is a good program by itself and i think you will enjoy it.

by slick2 on 2011-01-02 10:58:10

Oh dont get me wrong i love the podfarm 1 , its just that when i downloaded podfarm 2 it gives you a list of devices that are compatible with pf2. and toneport gx is one of them on that list and it doesnt state that your toneport gx has to be a certain make or model , i think that it just causes alot of confusion because if i woulda known that i couldnt use the pf2 because of the make and model of my toneport gx then i would have never downloaded it in the first place. and i think that if its gonna be on the list then people should get it. but anyways im over it . Rock on

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.