These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Can't switch to C and D presets using footswitches
by rgatling on 2010-12-30 09:58:32

I just got my HD300, updated to 1.1 FW and have reset to factory default a few times.  I can calibrate the footswitch using footswitch D.

When I simply try to switch between A, B. C, D presets in a bank using the footswitches, when I try to go to C, the pod thinks I want to switch to a lower bank (as if I'm pressing C & D at the same time).  If I use the presets knob, I can rotate through the presets in each bank just fine.

Any clues on the issue with the footswitches?

Re: Can't switch to C and D presets using footswitches
by TheRealZap on 2010-12-30 10:09:08

you might try twisting the footswitch caps to make sure that the spring isn't misaligned and pushing a button.

my footwitches were a little tight when i first got it, but a few twists and it's operating as expected.

by rgatling on 2010-12-30 10:23:36

Thanks, Zap.  I've given your suggestion a try.  It seems that no matter what I do, switches A and C always want to send me up or down the banks.  Switches B and D seem to be working properly.

by TheRealZap on 2010-12-30 10:30:58

the common denominator is your B switch must be stuck... concentrate on that one... give it a little workout, push pull twist etc...

alternatively... you might have to exchange it...

by rgatling on 2010-12-30 10:41:38

Thanks, again.  Still working it...sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I'm going to exchange it and give a different one a go.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.