These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Express silences Spider Jam when plugged in
by chenderson1965 on 2011-01-01 05:25:17

I have an FBV express which has worked fine with my Spider Jam ever since I got it.

Now, however, as soon as I plug the pedal into the amp it mutes the sound from the amp. If I unplug it again the amp stays muted until I switch it off and on again when it works fine (as long as the pedal remains unplugged). Interestingly, after it silences the amp, if I disconnect it and then connect my friends pedal that resets the sound without needing to switch the amp off and on again.

Apart from the sound being muted, when plugged in, the pedal seems to work normally. The 'FBV Express in' message appears when it's connected, the sequence of lights on the pedal is as it should be and I can change amp channels and use the tuner on the pedal.

I've checked that it isn't a problem with the amp or settings by using a friends FBV Express and that works exactly as it should - with no muting - so it can't be the either the amp or the cable.

The obvious thing would be a problem with the volume pedal (and yes, I have checked that it's not that the treddle is in the off/low position!).

I can't find a reset/reboot switch on or in the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do/try?

Thanks a lot.

Chris

RE: FBV Express silences Spider Jam when plugged in
by Kneehow on 2011-01-05 15:26:17

Hi,

At this point, it's safe to say the issue is with your FBV Express. There are no "resets" for those controller, unfortunately. The only thing you can check as a user are the pins on the connector jack: if you notice any of them bent, straighten them and make sure the jack is free of debris.

Beyond that, there's not much else that we can advise you on. If you're within the warranty period (US is one year from the date of purchase on a new unit, but I know this is different in the UK and other EU nations), please contact Line 6 UK:

4 Sopwith Way

Drayton Fields Industrial Estates

Daventry, Northamptonshire

NN11 8PB

0044 1327 302 700 (phone)

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: FBV Express silences Spider Jam when plugged in
by tspratlin on 2011-09-12 19:24:22

I had the EXACT same problem.  I did a calibration on the FBV Express and then everything started working again.

From Line 6's own docs:

Calibration Procedures

FBV Express

1) Unplug the RJ45 cable from your FBV EXPRESS

2) Move the expression pedal all the way to the toe down position

3) Hold down the A and D switches

4) Plug in your RJ45 with the switches still depressed and hold this for 10 seconds (you will see

the LED go blank)

5) Move the expression pedal to the heel position and then all the way forward to the toe.

6) Shift all of your weight to the toe position (you will want to stand up) until the WAH light

switches on.

7) Wait 10 seconds and click back to VOL. Your FBV EXPRESS is now calibrated.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.