These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

JTV-US color choices
by lonefiddler on 2011-01-02 16:55:03

Just wondering for the people who want to order a US custom JTV, if there is going to be any picture examples of all the color and finish choices that are offered. I have yet to find any website that shows all the choices that are given on the Bananas website. The only pics are of the VERY few color choices of the Korean models. How are we supposed to choose our options without any choice material available? I understand that Wildwood is already making guitars. Have I just missed something somewhere?

Thanks,

Keith

Re: JTV-US color choices
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-03 02:39:56

(8>*}... hmmmm. Perhaps the marketers are simply awaiting inspiration with respect to nomenclature:

Violet VaporGlo, or

Scotch Mist Sienna, or

Phaded Phantom Phireburst, or

In-Your-Dream Cream...

J/W

by litesnsirens on 2011-01-05 05:02:26

Have you checked out the Sweetwater site, they show quite a few of the colour options.

by lonefiddler on 2011-01-10 12:23:56

I checked the sweetwater site and they do have some of the choices but the list that is on the Bananas website is more extensive. they just don't have any pics of the options. I don't understand why they would give those choices and not have some kind of visual media for potential customers to use in making their choices. It is not the best business approach in my opinion.

by BrainRadio on 2011-01-11 09:29:15

Line 6 seems to be a little behind in updating the website... some new info about all the JTV's would be GREAT!

by lonefiddler on 2011-01-15 12:20:21

I'm still not seeing any help from Line 6 on color choices. I would love to see the difference in the Gretsch orange and the Candy Orange Pearl, along with the Pearl Blue on black.

Thanks,

keith

by MartinHines on 2011-01-15 17:43:23

You can see color choices for the US models at http://tylervariax.com/customshop.php

Theydon't have pictures of all of the choices listed at the Bananas website but I think you can get a good idea.

If you are really interested in buying a U.S., I would suggest contacting your dealer.  The dealer should be able to get additional info from Line 6.

I get the impression that Line 6 is primarily focused on rolling out the Korean JTVs so I am not sure if everything is finalized regarding the U.S. models and color choices.

by lonefiddler on 2011-01-18 18:08:20

Thanks. I found that website the other day and it is way cool. I can't believe that Line 6 didn't do something like that as much as they are ranting about the JTVs. I am still looking for the difference in the Gretsch Orange Seethru and the Candy Orange Pearl. I would love to see the Blue Pearl over Black, any of the guitars with the pearl pickguard and maple fret boards. Has anyone seen any of these combinations?

RE: JTV-US color choices
by ricksox on 2011-01-21 09:45:45

Hello,

Actually, our web developers built that site for JTV.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.