These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Express + POD X3 tuner bug
by killergege on 2011-01-03 09:16:06

Hi !

I noticed an annoying bug with the tuner of the FBV Express MkII when plugged in with a POD X3 (never tried with another unit though) : on the first use of the tuner, the "flat" light seem to be always switched on, even if the tuning is a "base" note.

In practice, each time a start a playing session, I check the guitar tuning :

- Press the tone button several seconds to enable the tuner

- Play the 6th (lower note) string.

- The FBV screens displays " E . " (note the dot, meaning that's an "Eb"), even if the string is correctly tuned to E

- Note that the POD X3 screen displays "E"

- if I lower the tuning of the string a little, the next tuning displayed on the FBV is... "Eb" again. (if I lower more, I get a "D")

- then if I move up the tuning, the correct tuning is displayed "E". And then it is always correct.

It seems that's always the first tune that is wrong, the "dot" being always on, and I need to force the FBV to display something else in order to be able to get the correct tuning.

If I disable the tuner to play and enable the tuner again, the bug doesn't reappear.

Gear :

- POD X3 "bean", not plugged on USB

- POD drivers, firmware, etc. up to date.

- FBV Express MkII, firmware up to date.

Anyone noticed this ?

Re: RE: FBV Express + POD X3 tuner bug
by Line6david on 2011-01-04 10:25:43

Hi,

Is the tuner reference of the POD X3 set to 440? If not, the tuner will display notes as sharp or flat when trying to tune to standard tuning.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by killergege on 2011-01-05 04:46:16

I'm sure that the tuner reference is correct. And the POD screen displays the correct note. It's just the FBV that doesn't.

In fact, the issue is "randomly" occuring, always on first tuning after the boot and always on the first note I'm checking. If a change the string I'm testing or if I tune down the string for 1/2 step and tune it up again for 1/2 step, the note displayed is correct.

It is definitely a "display" bug.

But it doesn't always happen.

I'm still looking for a way to reproduce it at will. It occurs generally when I'm checking my tuning before band reharsing.

--------------

Issue occured again during reharsing. I'll try to make a video next time.

by killergege on 2011-01-22 07:44:39

I finally found a way to reproduce :

- Switch on the POD X3 (USB unplugged)

- Edit the tone (in my example, I enable the noise gate)

- Save the edit

- Edit it again (disable noise gate)

- Press the FBV button and hold it to enable the tuner

- The tuner has the "bemol" light on. Even if the note played is not a bemol.

This is not happening 100% of the time. But if I play with save & edits it occurs sometimes. I think it always occurs when an edit has not been saved.

I made a video (sorry for the quality). You should enable annotations, to read my comments :

I hope this helps !

RE: FBV Express + POD X3 tuner bug
by ricksox on 2011-01-25 09:09:58

Hello,

Thanks for loading up that video. That helped me reproduce this. It does appear to be a bug.

I'll log this in our bug database so our engineering department sees this. I don't think we have any plans to update the POD firmware and I'm honestly not sure if it's the POD or the pedal that is failing.

Either way, I'll get it over to engineering. Thank you for the heads up on this one.

Line6Miller

Re: FBV Express + POD X3 tuner bug
by PrsSe on 2013-01-23 04:54:16

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a FBV MK II floorboard.  In there is a possibilyty for tuning your guitar by holding one of the pedals; it goes in the tuning-mode.

Normaly I prefer a tuning fork between my teeth  with A440 ( I'm 62 and oldfashioned LOL.) But.......there is a tuner in my Spider IV 30 and now a tuner in my floorboard.

So, I gave it a try.

Now the stupid things:  mij FBV controller tunes at E-flat, A-flat, D-flat, G-flat, B-flat and e-flat. So it drops half a tone  ???????????

My Spider IV 30 Watt amp. tunes just right if I disconnect the floorboard and do the tuning with the led-lights themselves at the amp. Holding the pedals at the pedal give me a tuner with mol.

Question:  Is there somewhere a possibilty to change the tuning in the floorboard?  And how do I do that?

I searched the Amp spider manual and the complete FBV manual but there seems no possibility available.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

PRSSE

Danny from Holland.

by PrsSe on 2013-01-23 04:56:42

Hi David,

I recently bought a FBV MK II floorboard.  In there is a possibilyty for tuning your guitar by holding one of the pedals; it goes in the tuning-mode.

Normaly I prefer a tuning fork between my teeth  with A440 ( I'm 62 and oldfashioned LOL.) But.......there is a tuner in my Spider IV 30 and now a tuner in my floorboard.

So, I gave it a try.

Now the stupid things:  mij FBV controller tunes at E-flat, A-flat, D-flat, G-flat, B-flat and e-flat. So it drops half a tone  ???????????

My Spider IV amp. tunes just right if I disconnect the floorboard and do the tuning with the led-lights themselves at the amp. Holding the pedals at the pedal give me a tuner with mol.

Question:  Is there somewhere a possibilty to change the tuning in the floorboard?  And how do I do that?

I searched the Amp spider manual and the complete FBV manual but there seems no possibility available.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

PRSSE

Danny from Holland.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.