These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spider Jam Feedback
by melodic62 on 2011-01-03 12:47:12

I have a Spider Jam amp and it's about 1 1/2 years old. I have a brand new Schecter guitar with EMG pickups and a brand new Monster cable. When I turn the volume up in distortion I get really bad feedback. I get as far away as possible and it still happens. This happens with both of my guitars. The other guitar is an Ibanez. I play a lot of hardcore music so there is a lot of palm-muting and when I palm-mute and then deaden the strings there's a little whine after that. What can I do to get rid of these problems?

Re: Spider Jam Feedback
by daydreamin7677 on 2011-01-03 14:19:31

Have you tried using the noise gate?

by melodic62 on 2011-01-04 12:15:50

It made no difference.

by daydreamin7677 on 2011-01-05 08:02:15

Something that alot of user have done is to have two different settings. The first setting would be whats called bedroom settings, this is prolly what you have now. It's what sounds good at lower volumes when jamming by your self in the bedroom. Now when you go and crank it up things just dont work out, In comes your second setting, your live or band setting. You will need to adjust all your settings at volume until they sound good and perform the way you want them to. Hope this helps.

by melodic62 on 2011-01-09 14:00:14

When I have the volume down low and the distrotion, bass, mid, treble, and channel volume all the way up, it sounds fine. Once I turn the volume up high, it starts to whine after I palm-mute. In order for this whine to stop, I have to turn the settings down so low that I don't get the tone I want.

by daydreamin7677 on 2011-01-09 17:01:25

Thats just the nature of the beast. Your gonna loose some tone at high volume. You have to find a compromise between what you want and what will work. I always liked my sound very scooped with loads of gain and that just doesnt work well for this amp at high volume so I had to drop some bass and treble and kick in alot of mid. But you know what, when playing with a band it cut through the mix alot better and actually sounded really good. Our spider jam's  are just not going to sound like a mesa boogie half stack but we can still get good tones out of them.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.