These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

line 6 pod 2.0 tuner
by bedonstall on 2011-01-04 03:03:18

Hey i've been using the line6 pod 2.0 for about a year now and was wondering if someone else have any issues with tuning the guitar using the built in guitar tuner?

When i tune with open strings and the flagolet it's very inprecise, I could go off a few hertz and the pod would still say it's in tune, is this normal? (should i get a good tuner?) This is really frustrating me because it's really handy using the same device to tune instead of having to switch to a tuner or tuning by ear (which is a nogo when playing live imo)

I'm wondering if someone else has this problem with their pod or if something is broken in my pod.

RE: line 6 pod 2.0 tuner
by Line6david on 2011-01-05 08:54:29

Hi,

From the POD 2.0 pilot's guide:

Play a note on your guitar and POD will show you what it is on its handy

display; all notes are displayed as naturals or flats. Play that string you’re trying

to tune again, spin its tuning key so it goes sharp and flat, and two little red

arrows below the Tuner button will give you a light show (the idea is that the

left pointing arrow will light if you’re sharp. The right pointing arrow will light

if you’re flat). And both arrows will light at the same time when you’ve got it just

right. Give any one of POD’s buttons a push to resume normal POD operation.

Is this not what's happening? The POD 2.0's tuner is not as full featured as some more expensive standalone tuners but should be responsive and accurate.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: line 6 pod 2.0 tuner
by bedonstall on 2011-02-01 08:41:15

I know how the tuner works, when i tune it it works but like i said it's kinda inaccurate, it's close but i still have to finetune my guitar afterwards, i try tuning open and with flagolets and fretted strings, the tuner says it's tuned but i still hear a small difference but maybe my ears are playing with me.

RE: line 6 pod 2.0 tuner
by ricksox on 2011-02-02 12:22:01

Hello,

The POD 2.0 tuner is fairly accurate. When measured next to something like a Peterson Strobe, it's probably about 2 cents off.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.