These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Auto Tune Vocal Plugin ?
by StephenLane on 2011-01-06 22:30:01

I am after an Auto Tune Vocal effect for my POD FARM...   Is there such thing available and where ?   :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Auto Tune Vocal Plugin ?
by Triryche on 2011-01-07 06:58:50

Line6 does not have one.

But if you google Auto-Tune Plug-in you can find the official one and also many free ones.

by StephenLane on 2011-01-07 17:28:04

Cool thanks mate. Im not really up on the tech side too much...  Im more of a musician...  so Im learning all this tech stuff as I go...  but I pick things up quick.....    The main thing I need to know is pretty much a detailed version on how to get something on my UX1 (pod farm2) to actually start working....   if you know what I mean ?

by Triryche on 2011-01-07 19:38:18

are you having issues getting the UX to work?

by StephenLane on 2011-01-07 20:00:57

No, I have been recording with it and its been amazing. It has replaced all my studio equipment.. and I have a LOT of stuff...   now its just my 8 guitars, 2 basses and my SHURE SM58....    lol...     My extent of knowledge on it is very simple..  I know how to get a guitar sound and play with it and record onto my programs....   I dont really know how to load anything like VST's or even if they can be loaded into them lol. 

I really have no idea but as I said, I learn quick with "Good" instruction...   

All I know is that I really want a good AUTO TUNE for Vocals so I can do some stuff on some tracks with it...   I record a lot of different genres of music.

Thanks so much for your help mate !

Steve

by TheRealZap on 2011-01-07 20:06:49

VST don't load onto the UX.... they load onto the track in your recording software... it's all after the fact stuff....

the pod farm vst plugin for instance allows you to record your dry guitar track... and add amps and effects later as the song develops... without re-performing....

because it is different in every recording software, there is no one size fits all UX demo...

what software do you use?

by StephenLane on 2011-01-07 20:21:31

Wow that makes a lot of sense...   Ok, so I use AUDACITY to record with...    I have Cool edit pro and even a lot of Adobe production software as I am a professional photographer but while I was on tour with a band a while ago their sound tech told me about Audacity and I havent turned back...  I love it...       so is there a way that I record the track into Audacity and then auto tune it within that program ?   Am I on the right track ??

I was hoping that I was able to get something like an effects module that I bring into the POD FARM that when I sing through it, it does its AUTO TUNE goodness and I end up sounding like some sort of T-PAIN or something ???

As you can see Im not quite on top of things yet. lol

Steve

by TheRealZap on 2011-01-07 21:02:01

HATE audacity.... it is severly limited due to its open source roots... does not support ASIO directly...

but it does support VST's now i hear.....

cool edit pro is much better... although alot older... they were actually bought by adobe... and it is now called adobe audition... although it hasn't been updated in a few years now....

if i were you i'd get reaper http://reaper.fm its free to try will work forever... no protection etc... but its only 40$ for a license when you realize that its worth far more than that... you pay

the way that you would use autotune would be to sing in your normal tone whatever that is

and then add the plugin to the track... and it does the magic POST. you can monitor it while recording... but its very distracting with even the slightest latency.

you don't really bring any of into pod farm... thats just sort of a jam portal.....

you actually bring pod farm into your recording software... as a plugin....

you can open pod farm, arm your track.... record the DRY track....(disable monitoring in your recording software, only monitor pod farm) after you are done performing... add the pod farm plugin to the dry track... hit play... adjust to taste... as many times as you like without re-performing.

RE: Auto Tune Vocal Plugin ?
by laplayantonio on 2011-01-14 03:30:00

hello stephen

if you wish such feature implemented in PodFarm, please use the form in http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.