These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

A workaround for firmware update problems
by JVL777 on 2011-01-08 06:09:23

Just a heads-up for anyone who has issues with "update failed" and "invalid paramter" messages. I got this when upgrading the DT50 last night. I was using an M-Audio MIDI interface with Windows 7. I happened to also have an EMU 1x1 interface (which ironically didn't work with some other gear causing me to buy the M-Audio). I used the EMU interface with a little Windows XP net book and all worked well. The update does take some time, but it went in the first time with this other combination. Don't know if it was the computer operating system or the MIDI interface, but the point is that you should mix up combinations if you can and that may help.

Re: A workaround for firmware update problems
by TheRealZap on 2011-01-08 06:56:07

i've had success with the m-audio UNO myself.... they did recently release some updated drivers as well.

Re: A workaround for firmware update problems
by gtrman100 on 2011-01-08 10:03:05

I had a problem too when I tried the update using the internal midi interface in my M-Audio Projectmix I/O. I kept getting midi failure messages. I dusted off my old M-Audio Midisport 2X2 and it worked flawlessly. I'm not sure why, but L6 should figure out how to make it work with every midi interface.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.