These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500: Is it possible to assign the expression pedal to the looper?
by Rule-Ant on 2011-01-09 12:41:53

Hello,

I've been playing with the looper on the HD500 for a while and I thought it would be nice to build up a nice ambient loop. Next, I started improvising with my ebow. Then, I wanted the ebow to be solitary, but without the looper being abruptly cut off. Is there a way to assign the expression pedal to the looper, so I can fade out a loop? Couldn't really find out by reading the advanced guide.

All the best,

Roeland

Re: HD500: Is it possible to assign the expression pedal to the looper?
by Mincer on 2011-01-09 13:09:46

I think this issue was asked just a day or so ago. No, there is no way to control loop volume or feedback with the expression pedal. On the M-series you can, and on the DL4 you can, but it wasn't added on the HD series at all.

by chuskey on 2011-01-09 16:19:14

I posted this same question a couple of days ago and had it confirmed that this isn't currently possible. 

I submitted a feature request to L6, so we'll see. 

Overall I'm very happy with the unit, but sometimes L6 puzzles me.  For instance the Vetta came out nearly a decade ago, and the HD500 is the first device they've had that comes close to replicating the features/flexibility of the Vetta.  Things like being able to assign whatever class of effects you want to an effects block and then choose where to put it in the chain and which path it sits in was an awesome feature on the Vetta.  Why did it take this long to get that back? 

Then going to all the trouble to put a looper in the HD500, which I'm SO glad they did btw, and not being able to control the output volume via the expression pedal.  I get that when the looper is in post you can't put any effect blocks after it, which keeps the volume pedal from controlling it.  But there really does need to be a work around for this. 

by LazyLightning on 2011-09-28 04:33:40

My apologies for making a similar post. (I did search prior to posting but did not come across this thread)

To tie together, here's a link to a smiliar discussion including feature request: http://line6.com/support/message/316393#316393

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.