These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

VDI metal shield stuck in JTV-69
by Daddy_Rocker on 2011-01-09 20:46:19

Just received a new JTV-69 and inserted the VDI cable that came with the guitar.  When I tried to remove the cable it was stuck in the jack.  After reviewing the support pages it appears this has been an issue in previous Variax models, so I followed the documented procedure to remove the cable from the metal shield.  This was very easy to do and I removed the cable without any issue.  However, the shield is still stuck in the guitar and it will not budge.  I am pressig the release button in the jack but the shield will not come out.  Is this an issue on the new JTV Variaxes or do I just have a lemon?

Re: VDI metal shield stuck in JTV-69
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2011-01-09 21:09:35

So you have the cable with the RJ45 plug removed from the Neutrik casing?

If so, the prior issue related to the latch on the small RJ45 plug holding things in place.  If you have the RJ45 plug out of the housing then this is a different issue and it is the latch holding the shroud that has failed rather than the RJ45 plug latch getting in the way.

If this is the case then I would take it back.

If not, you need to get something small to go alongside the cable from the rear of the connector and depress the little plastic lug on the RJ45 plug.  While it is depressed remove the cable and shield.  Once you do that, make sure you break off that little plastic lug before reassembling the VDI cable.

Cheers,

Crusty

Re: VDI metal shield stuck in JTV-69
by amx05462 on 2011-01-10 01:03:04

i had  this  problem  with  mine   when i first  got it . try  pushing in  on the  metal  housing   and  while  pushing  try the  release.  if it  still  wont  release .   then  push it  with a  small screw  driver.   for  more  leverage.  if that  doesnt  work. then ive attatched    the  instructions  from the  old  forum   to get it  apart.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.