These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Mic setting to one of the channels?
by thetaggs on 2011-01-10 18:15:13

I must be missing something...but on my X3 I could set one of the Channels inputs to MIC and the other to Guitar ... they would each have their unique effects settings. I am not seeing how to do this with the HD500. Probably something simple...but, right now the solution eludes me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mic setting to one of the channels?
by silverhead on 2011-01-10 19:25:26

It's a little different from the X3. The HD500 doesn't have two completely seperate processing channels (Tones), like the X3. The HD500 allows you to create two seperate processing paths in a more flexible manner, and you can share some FX between the paths, in either pre- or post-amp position. But, yes, you can assign different inputs to each part of the split path. The manual actually describes it fairly clearly, but you need to know where to look and how things fit together, especially thi pre- vs. post- positioning of FX and amps. Here's the rundown:

The first part of it is handled in Setup: Input Options. Here you assign which of the physical inputs on the HD500 you want to assign to your two logical inputs.This is explained in the HD500 Advanced Guide, page 2-5. Pay attention to the description of Source Input Signal Routing. The most important piece of that for your purposes, I think, is the following:

In a configuration with no Amp or FX Blocks in Pre, Input 1 is discretely fed to
Path A and Input 2 to Path B. Therefore, this is the best configuration if you want
to retain discrete Input Sources into Paths A & B (such as if your Input 1 is Guitar,
and Input 2 is Aux, Mic or Variax, and you want to apply completely different Amps
and/or FX on each).

The next part is to create a patch that uses the dual paths - A & B - in the routing. This is explained in the  Guide, page 6-1. You select your path routing and place the amps and FX as desired to match your Input selections and the Source Input Signal Routing conventions.

Hope this helps.

by thetaggs on 2011-01-12 12:42:10

A magnificent reply. Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction too!

by silverhead on 2011-01-12 12:57:16

Glad to help. Have fun with it!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.