These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Triggered Fitler/Synth effects
by Destroid on 2011-01-11 13:18:47

I find it very hard to get the sounds I want with this at times.

For example for triggered synth stuff I nearly always have to use the Growler, so all my filtered lead synths sound the same.

I've tried using the slow filter with other synth models. It works, unlike the *Tron effects, but unfortunately it picks up far too slow. I can get the kind of sounds I want, but only if I play very slowly and deliberately, which is kind of useless.

I play electronic music and I like to use guitar to recreate these kinds of effects. However the trigger for some of these filter effects is just a bit rubbish. A lot of synth type pedals tend to have some kind of sensitivity knob as well as attack speed. Some of the filter/synth models actually lack an attack speed for the effect(such as the Growler).

I know there's an inherent limit to the number of parameters, but the M9 is really limited as guitar Synth pedal because of things like this. If there was maybe a global sensitivity and default speed for triggered effects, that would help a bit.

I really think the M9 needs some extra triggered synth effects, even ones lifted from the older POD units would be better than nothing.

RE: Triggered Fitler/Synth effects
by Kneehow on 2011-01-18 17:04:38

I can totally understand where you're coming from. Basically all those "synth" effects were the same ones taken from our FM4 (the purple 4-button stompbox modeler). However, I don't think the M13 or M9 was released as a "guitar synth pedal". They're pretty much a collection of our DL4, MM4, DM4, FM4 and Verbzilla effects into one unified effect device, in truth.

There have been changes in our product software in the past when enough customer feedback compels our product developers to do so. I encourage you to do this...

The effective portal to voice your opinions and thoughts on how to improve product design would be through here: http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Please submit all your thoughts directly to the product developers and programmers there!

Regards,

L6Perry

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.