These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Latency issues driving me crazy!
by colescarmusic on 2011-01-11 18:49:13

OK, so I've been using my Toneport UX1 for years now and man I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I recently bought a new computer, a Dell XPS 9100 I7, which is much more powerful than my last system. Since hooking everything up to the new PC, I have developed quite a latency problem. Before, the sound I would hear was instant, as it would be from an amp. Now, it is about half a second off. Incredibly frustrating. I spent hours today trying to solve this problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I updated everything. I do not know what the problem is. If anyone could help me, I would be very greatful.

Please help me get back to recording!! I'm losing ideas to this issue!

Re: Latency issues driving me crazy!
by redlogic on 2011-01-11 20:00:20

Have you tried lowering the buffer size?

by colescarmusic on 2011-01-16 17:52:37

Yes. I've tried everything. Sounds perfect except that the sound is now about 3/4 a second behind. I've tried everything I could think of. Kinda hard to play or record with a constant delay like that. Not sure if it is pointless and I should get some other newer hardware or if there is something I can do or something I'm missing. Loved playing through my UX1, have been for years. Old computer had probably 50 user tones I will miss. Starting from scratch on a new pc was bad enough I thought, but now I am having problems left and right. I don't blame Line 6, it just sucks when you splurge on a $1400 desktop and programs that worked on my 6 year old Dell do not function properly on my new kick ass pc. Frustrating. ITs all good. With your forums and trial and error I am determined to get this thing going.

by silverhead on 2011-01-16 18:17:07

Forgive me for asking the basic question, but you don't mention.........

How are you monitoring your sound? You should be using your UX1 to monitor - connect your headphones/speakers to the UX1, not your computer.

by mdeisenr on 2011-01-16 23:11:47

Since you were using this interface for some while now, this might be a silly question, but...

Are you using direct monitoring and  selected correct drivers in your daw?

As you had to re-install your daw on the new machine, some parameters might have changed.

Maybe your daw picked some standard drivers or used software monitoring.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.