These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Registration and Advanced Guide?
by lancefb on 2011-01-12 12:18:13

Hi Folks,

Got my JTV-69 a few days ago.  I would like to register this thing and get the Advanced Guide but can't find a way to do either on the website?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

L.

Re: Registration and Advanced Guide?
by lowsco on 2011-01-12 13:55:30

Hi,

Sorry, I suggested to come here because I thought it would be a more appropriate place down to more actual JTV owners and people who've got one on order. I don't own a JTV but I think at this moment it's not possible to register your guitar. Also, there is no Advanced User Guide available yet.

Cheers,

Ralph

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-12 16:19:25

Here is your answer to both questions.

1) it appears that no one can register their JTV guitar including myself who has a prottype with no serial number on it, but the Mineky keep sasking me to register.  Just click Register Later and procede with whatever you wanted to do.

2) here is the JTV Advanced users guide.  it is in .pdf format so you MUST have a FREE pdf format reader.  I recommend to get the REAL one from Adobe at AdobeAcrobat.com where you can download the latest version for free.

Link....  Oh wait - there is no advanced users guide for the Tyler Variax posted online yet.  They have one for the DT50 and the POD HD series of products, but nothing but the basic one for the JTV line.

Perhaps this will get done when they assign me a serial number, and allow those with serial numbers on their guitars to register them?

All the best,

Neal

by MartinHines on 2011-01-12 18:13:05

One thing a little strange about the JTV is the Serial Numbers do not start with (21).  For example, my JTV-69 Serial Number (on the back headstock and on the box exterior) starts with W1008...

by johnnyayyy on 2011-01-12 18:28:53

MartinHines wrote:

One thing a little strange about the JTV is the Serial Numbers do not start with (21).  For example, my JTV-69 Serial Number (on the back headstock and on the box exterior) starts with W1008...

Has anyone tried entering the "21" followed by the serial number on the back of the headstock?

by digiprod on 2011-01-12 19:49:20

That was the way the old Variax 300 was like. You needed to add the number that was not there.

by zeddd on 2011-02-07 19:50:07

MerlinFL wrote:

Oh wait - there is no advanced users guide for the Tyler Variax posted online yet.

Is this still true? The basic JTV manual didn't give me enough of an explanation on alternate tunings and changing the default guitars with Workbench, and what you can and cannot do in that regard. I'd love a more in-depth manual.

The current mini-manual doesn't even seem to mention that the virtual mic placement can be adjusted for the acoustic guitars, which I heard from someone in a YouTube video.

by MerlinFL on 2011-02-07 23:32:53

zeddd wrote:

MerlinFL wrote:

Oh wait - there is no advanced users guide for the Tyler Variax posted online yet.

Is this still true? The basic JTV manual didn't give me enough of an explanation on alternate tunings and changing the default guitars with Workbench, and what you can and cannot do in that regard. I'd love a more in-depth manual.

The current mini-manual doesn't even seem to mention that the virtual mic placement can be adjusted for the acoustic guitars, which I heard from someone in a YouTube video.

I've not looked lately as I know the JTV guitar inside and out at this point in time.  If it's there it would be under the manuals section along with all other manuals Line 6 has available, like the HD500 Advanced manual & DT50 Advanced manual.

YES - I've told EVERYONE that just like the older Variax guitars, the TONE KNOB acts just like as if it were a microphone pointed at the typical sound hole on an acoustic guitar.  I also did a video that explains this about two years ago while doig a demo for the Variax Electric Model 700 of a Heart song..."Love Alive"  If you have not seen this, check out my video for more info on how the tone knob works when in an acoustic modeled guitar.

What other info might you need on how the JTV guitars alt tuning knob works on the guitar or how you create alt tunings using Workbench?

Just ask,

Neal

by zeddd on 2011-02-08 02:36:02

MerlinFL wrote:

What other info might you need on how the JTV guitars alt tuning knob works on the guitar or how you create alt tunings using Workbench?

I did post some questions related to alternate tunings yesterday, which weren't covered sufficiently in the mini-manual or in any of the online documentation that I have read:

http://line6.com/community/thread/56209

But I already answered my questions using your answers from another thread. If you don't mind, though, please check my second post to see if I understand the facts correctly. Thanks.

by MerlinFL on 2011-02-09 14:11:40

zeddd wrote:

MerlinFL wrote:

I did post some questions related to alternate tunings yesterday, which weren't covered sufficiently in the mini-manual or in any of the online documentation that I have read:

http://line6.com/community/thread/56209

But I already answered my questions using your answers from another thread. If you don't mind, though, please check my second post to see if I understand the facts correctly. Thanks.

I've read your other post which also has my instructions and explanation on how the Alt tuning knob works.  Am I missing something that you are not understanding that you have two main choices.

Choice 1: use Workbench to make your own custom tunings and save them where you want them to be.

Choice 2: Make custom tunings ON the guitar using the alt tuning knob to create and save alt tuings ON THE GUITAR ONLY on the fly.  Just remember where you put them and what they are.  The LIGHT on the Alt tuning knob will turn BLUE for any CUSTOM tuning a user creates.  All other standard equipped tunings the light stays red.

Does this cover it all?  Or have I still missed something you're asking?

Take care,

Neal

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.