These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

Can I mod my Lowdown Studio 110?
by zsaleeba on 2011-01-12 15:08:07

I have a Lowdown Studio 110 which I bought second-hand in Australia. It has the headphone hiss problem which I've read about in the FAQs and I'd like to get it fixed. I work in electronics so I'm quite capable of doing the mod myself. Are there details of the mod so I can just go ahead and do it at my own risk?

RE: Can I mod my Lowdown Studio 110?
by Line6david on 2011-01-13 15:12:55

Hi,

Mods are not supported by Line 6 as a company. If you are comfortable working on electronics and want to see if you can fix the issue then you are welcome to try.

Just be aware that it will void the warranty on the lowdown:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4838

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Can I mod my Lowdown Studio 110?
by zsaleeba on 2011-01-13 15:50:32

Thanks. I completely understand that any work on the amp would be at my own risk and would void the warranty if I had one (which I don't).

What would really help me out is information on what needs to be changed to fix the headphone problem. Are you able to give me that information?

I read in the FAQ that it's just a matter of changing a couple of common surface mount resistors. If that's the case then I'll almost certainly have the parts on hand and can change them myself in a few minutes.

Thanks,

Zik

by zsaleeba on 2011-01-19 13:51:51

Hi, any further news on whether you can provide me with the values of the resistors which need changing for the headphone fix?

RE: Can I mod my Lowdown Studio 110?
by Line6Hugo on 2011-01-20 10:00:31

Unfortunately, we do not provide repair information or specs on the internal components of our products. You would need to take it to an authorized service center to take a look:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by zsaleeba on 2011-01-20 14:34:31

Ok. No problem. Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.