These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I activated POD Farm after October 1st, 2009, but no free upgrade?
by heavyxlowx689 on 2011-01-13 18:26:04

Hi, I have never used the forums on here before, but have been a POD Studio user for quite some time now.

I bought POD Studio UX1 bundled with POD Farm from an authorized dealer, Guitar Center.  I believe someone bought it before me and returned it, because the box was a little beat up.  Being the last POD Studio UX1 available I purchased it.  My account says the date registered is 11/4/10, and it says I purchased it on 1/8/10.  So yes, it must've been returned.  The Line 6 website states and I quote, "*POD Studio users who activated POD Farm on or after October 1st, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to POD Farm 2."  When logged into my account, I act like i'm going to purchase and get my key to POD Farm 2, but it says I have to purchase it for $49.00.  Other users have said this is supposed to say $0.  I have also tried Line 6 Monkey, but I still don't have a key to activate it.  Went to the "download key" section as well and there are no keys to download.

Am I missing something here, or is this just a fault on Line 6's part?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Re: I activated POD Farm after October 1st, 2009, but no free upgrade?
by Rowbi on 2011-01-14 01:11:17

go into monkey, click on pod farm 2 and click activate.  then just put in the word refresh and it will activate.  this trick only works for new devices were registered as new after that date, etc.

Cheers

Rowbi

by heavyxlowx689 on 2011-01-15 19:13:43

Hey Rowbi thanks for the reply.  I followed you directions opening Line 6 Monkey, clicking on POD Farm 2, clicking activate, and typing in the word "refresh."  Everything seemed to be going okay.  It asked me to shut down any open recording programs and to unplug my device from the computer for 5 seconds.  After doing so it said "Transaction complete," but there was no green checkmark saying that it was activated.  I checked the "download keys" section and nothing there as well.  I also went to act like I was going to purchase it and it was stil $49.00.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

by silverhead on 2011-01-15 19:29:48

Have you shut down Monkey and restarted it? Perhaps it needs to reinitialize/resynchronize.

by heavyxlowx689 on 2011-01-15 19:35:38

Yes I did, and still no green checkmark.  I've tried the "refresh" thing several times.

by silverhead on 2011-01-15 19:40:57

What about Pod Farm performance? Despite it not showing the green check in Monkey, does it actually run as a DAW plugin? You'll need your X3 connected via usb when runing Pod Farm.

by heavyxlowx689 on 2011-01-15 19:43:13

I installed POD Farm 2 just now and it did open but it said it hasn't been activated yet.  My device is connected, and both POD Farm and POD Farm 2 open as a DAW, I just can't use POD Farm 2 fully without the activation (no sound coming out of POD Farm 2).

RE: I activated POD Farm after October 1st, 2009, but no free upgrade?
by Kneehow on 2011-01-18 16:41:18

Sorry, just came across this thread. Looking at your registered UX1's history, I see what the answer to your quandry is:

Your UX1 was sold to the first owner who ever "authorized" the device did so back in March of 2009. That person most likely returned the device back to the dealer (Guitar Center) and they re-stocked the unit, selling it to you after the October 1st, 2009 date... which is the focal point of interest.

Since this hardware device was physically activated to our server back in March of 2009, prior to this "free firmware update", it no longer was eligible when compared to a factory sealed new unit that was not activated for the first time after the 10-1-2009 time stamp.

It's not your fault since you would've never known the unit's true history prior to buying from GC. It's not Guitar Center's fault, either... because they most likely accepted the return within the 30 day window in March of 2009. We didn't even announce the release of POD Farm 2 until Fall of 2009 so no one would've known about any "future" free upgrade offers at that point.

I'll open a Support Ticket for you and we can take care of this exception no problem.

Support Tickets can be viewed here: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: I activated POD Farm after October 1st, 2009, but no free upgrade?
by mikebrownduluth on 2012-05-21 01:05:43

I've had the same problem, can you also open a support ticket for me?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.