These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

PodXT live not recognized by mac
by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-14 12:12:17

Line 6 Edit; VariaxWorkbench and Line 6 Monkey will not find my PODxt Live device. The USB port works with other devices, the cable works with other devices. I was unable to add the PODxt live via midi cables as well. What am I missing here?  This is the first time I've fired up the line 6 software with my new mac. (OS 10.6.6; 2.88  quadcore)  Digital Monkey let me upgrade all software to the versions below. Suggestions?

According the the digital monkey here's where everything is:

Driver 5.1.2
USB firmware 1.12
line6 monkey 1.34
pod farm 1.12
variax workbench 1.70

USB port works with other devices
Cable works with other devices

OS Mac 10.6.6

8 GB RAM

Re: PodXT live not recognized by mac
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-14 12:21:05

I believe you need to download Workbench v.1.70.0. I'm a little confused as to the actual status of this issue, since my MacBook runs 10.5.8, and I never had a single problem running my XTLive or any of my Variaxes. I'm not affected, so I don't follow it that closely... I suugested this version to someone earlier this week, and it seemed to solve the problem.

Go to the link below. It should get you to the version you need.

Good luck,

JellyWheat

http://line6.com/software/index.html

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-14 12:37:23

Here's the link to a previous thread...

http://line6.com/community/thread/53728

J/W

by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-14 12:55:23

As noted in my original post - and I have verified - I'm running workbench 1.70.0.  This did not resolve the issue. I have also reinstalled a new version of 1.70.0 - and this did not correct the issue.

by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-14 13:16:43

UPDATE: Issue still not resolved. However, I found my old line 6 interface that came with the Variax 700. When plugged into a known good USB port, I get a green light by the USB input, and a red light where the variax plugs in. (Variax cable is good). This at least eliminates the issue that it could have been a bad USB port on my PODxt Live.

This is beginning to look like a driver issue??  I had no issues at all with OS 10.5.8.

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-14 15:05:04

Sorry I missed your reference to v.1.70 in your original post. I have no other gems of wisdom to offer up at this time...

Sorry,

JellyWheat

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-14 16:10:51

This is the reply I was going to post, initially. I edited this part out because v.1.70.0 seemed to have resolved the problem for the other poster. Guess I should have gone with my gut. I doesn't look like the company has released drivers for a 64 bit kernel, yet.

You are probably correct in assuming it is a driver issue. This knowledge + 75 cents will buy you a donut, since it doesn't seem that the company is willing to put their hand over the fire and announce a release date for the 64 bit drivers.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4592

http://line6.com/community/community/support/pod_support/otherpods

J/W

by amx05462 on 2011-01-15 01:57:50

there  is  supposed  to be updated  drivers in the software  section.  but it  wouldnt  surprise  me if   they left  something  out.      id  give  it  another  look  .

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-15 03:43:11

❡฿>ɔ́}... does the Great All-Knowing One and Keeper of the Black Pearl never SLEEP?

...amx, I checked the download section again, and if v.1.70.0 won't run on his 64 bit machine, then I'll be danged! But it's too early for this! I haven't had my coffee yet. I'll catch up with you later.

Meanwhile, maybe some one from the Line6 crew can give you an official update.

JellyYawn 

by amx05462 on 2011-01-15 04:12:25

http://line6.com/software/index.html

they  were  supposed  to update  for  snow  leopard .   this  does  work  with   previous   mac  os.    this  is  where  you need  to   download   for  snow  leopard .  if you   have  done  this  already    id  look into  a  hardware  problem   cable    interface  etc,   unless   line 6  f*&^%d   up  .

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-15 04:53:39

I get error 404 when I try to access that link, amx...

J/Wtf

by amx05462 on 2011-01-15 04:59:22

dont  know  why  but it  did that  to me  so    go to software      first  colum   variax  second  colum   workbench    third  colum    mac  0s  x     then it comes  up   i went as  far as    getting   the  download  cue  and  it  worked.     the  link    well   its  line  6     .......     you  know.  they  dont  make  anything  easy  do they 

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-15 05:23:12

I want my money back!

J/W

by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-15 09:01:43

It appears that there is a beta version driver for snow leopard.  It can be found if you check the beta box while searching for PODxt Live; drivers; mac OS.

So the question now becomes - roll the dice or not...

by amx05462 on 2011-01-15 09:11:59

id giver  a try  mate

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-15 11:13:18

(8>z}... gulp!... FWIW, I would do EXACTLY as amx05462 says to do, if I were in your shoes!

My $0.02/YMMV

JellyWheat

[I say this because the Great All-Knowing One and Keeper of the Black Pearl knows where I live, and if I don't follow instructions, he will come over and knock me senseless!!!]

by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-15 12:09:27

My current driver is listed as 5.1.2

The beta driver is listed as 4.x.x -

It will not install over the newer driver.  I have not deleted the 5.1.2 driver and tried the beta version yet.

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-15 12:16:09

This is embarrassing for those of us who are merely trying to suggest helpful potential solutions... I think amx is right when he says that Line6 sure doesn't make things easy! You would think, in this day and age, that they could make their beta Snow Leopard drivers "pop and play".

Please keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

J/W

by mccroskeyr on 2011-01-18 10:33:34

No change. My PODxt live is an island.  No response from line6 folks either. This issue is not resolved. Line6 tech? Hello??? Anyone?  Buehler??

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-18 10:48:28

(8>x}... I remain

... cautiously silent, but perennially supportive and optimistically hopeful, on your behalf.

JellyMeek

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.