Re: Bass Pod xt Live and Mac OS 10.6.6
on 2011-01-17 20:38:19
only line6 edit will work... and the issue is apple removed support for the required version of java the older version 1.5
supposedly L6 are working on an update... been a few YEARS since the last update so i wouldn't count on it being soon...
there is a way to get Line6 Edit to work in OSX SL, but it requires a littlebit of work. Follow these instructions step-by-step, and you should be fine.
1. Download the Apples official Java Update containing 1.5 from Apples support pages:
2. Download a SW called "Pacifist", and install it:
3. Search for 'Terminal' in Finder, and launch it. Once open, go to folder (copy paste this command):
There, we have to unlink the references to 1.6 version java with the following 2 commands:
sudo unlink 1.5
sudo unlink 1.5.0
(It will prompt for Administrator password on first sudo)
4. Now verify that you do not see the 1.5 or 1.5.0 anymore in the list:
If they're not, close the Terminal.
NOTE: You HAVE to do this, since otherwise when you install the 1.5 package in Pacifist, it''ll try to overwrite 1.6....and we do not want to do that
5. Open the Pacifist
6. Click "Open Package" once the timer has stopped, and select the file you downloaded in step 1
7. Browse the folderpath under the path:
Contents of the JavaForMacOSX10.5Update4.pkg/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions
8. Select the 1.5.0, right-click on top of it while it's highlighted and select "Install to default location". Repeat for 1.5
9. Close Pacifist.
10. Via Finder, go to "Application -> Utilities -> Java Preferences", and drag & drop the 1.5.0 in list above 1.6.0.
11. Done, launch the Line6 Edit!
The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.