These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Stompbox Modelers / ToneCore

DL4 power help
by MyFriendsinVegas on 2011-01-21 04:57:32

Hi all ! I just got a DL4 and want to put it onto my pedalboard, but hate the fact i have to carry the huge powere supply everywhere with it !

If i were to but one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Diago-Green-Adapter-DL4-DM4-FM4-MM4-/120673347059?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c18b125f3

toadd onto my 9v Center negative Multi power supply, would it work ?

I'm a bit suspicious that it's gonna fry my pedal, so i thought i'd come here first.

If not, are there any other, more 'compact' alternatives ?

Thanks in advance,

Ross !

Re: DL4 power help
by MyFriendsinVegas on 2011-01-22 13:58:23

Anyone ?!

by MyFriendsinVegas on 2011-01-24 02:30:44

A simple yes or no would be fine :/

RE: DL4 power help
by Line6Hugo on 2011-01-26 09:23:03

Ross,

The only other power supply we support other than the Line 6 PX-2 power supply is the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus. Other than that, there is no other power supply or cable that we will recommend.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by pulfwan on 2011-04-10 09:56:31

Hi Ross,

I've been having the same problem as you have, you may have the answer already but id like to try and help if not. The DL4 although stating it needs to be AC converts it internally anyway into DC power, seems pointless to me, guess they want to sell their own power supplies, I'd imagine i will be rejected by line 6 for saying this but oh well if i help one person it's way worth it. The diago adapters work perfectly they just bypass all this internal mumbojumbo. The proof of the pudding is that the DL4 can run on batteries, all batteries are DC

Boom

Adam

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.