These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Support Ticket Question.
by dgnyberg on 2011-01-21 12:38:02

I recently had a support ticket #138456 regarding a replacement pickguard for my Variax 300.

When I check the status via the e-mail link, the support ticket page comes up,

but the ticket number isn't displayed. Any assistance in this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dave Nyberg

Re: Support Ticket Question.
by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 04:01:33

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/Variax300Pickguard.aspx

warmouthsells  these.    you can make your  owneasily  enough .   buy the   material you  like and just tape it up with  blue  masking  tape  trace your  old one   then cut it  out  leave a bit for   sanding  and    finish the edge  with   a  drum sander. ive done this  before  no biggie. to drill the  holes  get  one of those  step drills  that  puts a  small chamfer  on the  hole.

Re: Dave, you sound like...
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-22 06:15:30

... a real nice fellow. amx's true identity is : Great All-Knowing One and Keeper of the Black Pearl. He feeds on points.

Please do not forget to award him his due points for his extremely helpful comment, above. [Just a suggestion.]

Regards,

JellyWheat

[I forgot once. That is why I have to put mashed garlic and toad excrement under my pillow, or he will come, like wind that passes in the night, and do horrible things to me as I sleep!]

Re: Dave, you sound like...
by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 09:19:19

hey  j/w    thtas  funny   everyt time  you  say that  wind  passing  in the  night.... i think of an old man farting  up dinner  around  2  am and  now that  you mention garlic  and toad stools.   i think i was  right.

thank god  we can have a  few  laughs  eh 

Re: ❡฿>¤} : If the shoe fits, O Great, All-Knowing One...
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-22 10:08:50

J/W

[(X,>D}... toad stools!!!! I like it! hnuk-hnuk-hnuk!!!]

Re: ❡฿>¤} : If the shoe fits, O Great, All-Knowing One...
by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 10:54:37

yeah  it   probably  fits  

by dgnyberg on 2011-01-22 15:04:13

Great Ideas, But I like the actual shape of the V300 pickguard, and the Line 6 person said that He would have one sent out to me.

The Warmouth pickguard looks like it is for their bodies, or is not the same shape as the original.

As for making one, I don't have a drum sander for making one. And I know I'll mess it up at least 3 or 4 times before I get it right.

I really want to take the easy route.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: ❡8>c} : hmmm, Great All-Knowing One...
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-22 15:34:57

very polite, that Dave fellow, but...

...no points!

J/W

[I will try to find a worthy donor elsewhere, Master. PLEASE DON'T THRASH ME AGAIN!]

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-22 15:46:12

You guys are cracking me up.

Oh wait...am I ALLOWED to laugh???

Crap - I may have just lost points now from laughing, but what if I was supposed to laugh and didn't, that would cost me points too.  Or what if by even thinking what if costs me points?!  RATS!!!

Can I get a point for pity's sake???  LOL

Seriously - I've posted a new recording that has no more digital garbage in it, but I've got to track down a ground hum coming from the HD500.  Other than that, I think I've got it settled now with the new gear connected to my computer.

++Bows gracefully as I back out of the majesty of your presence,++

Neal

Re: ❡8>ɔ} : Great All-Knowing One...
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-22 15:51:35

That MerlinFL one, your All-Knowingness... he seems to have learning potential. We will watch him, as he travels hither and yon.

J/W

[He may yet join us on....

(drum roll)... the Point side of the Force!]

Re: ❡8>ɔ} : Great All-Knowing One...
by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 16:05:08

lol  your  killing  me  j/w    lol

by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 16:07:44

well thats  the  whole  point  is  to   have a few  laughs.   life  is to short to be dead serious  all the  time.

laughing  is good  for the  soul and  the  digestive  system

shakes  all that  lingering  food  down  where it  belongs.

by amx05462 on 2011-01-22 16:09:04

there  is  always  room for  one  more .  im larry  ok

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-22 17:30:18

amx05462 wrote:

well thats  the  whole  point  is  to   have a few  laughs.   life  is to short to be dead serious  all the  time.

laughing  is good  for the  soul and  the  digestive  system

shakes  all that  lingering  food  down  where it  belongs.

Does that mean none of us one here should ever eat any more soup or get a clamp for our butt cheeks??? 

Hey how about a point for being completely twisted?? 

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2011-01-22 17:41:01

MerlinFL wrote:

You guys are cracking me up.

Oh wait...am I ALLOWED to laugh???

Crap - I may have just lost points now from laughing, but what if I was supposed to laugh and didn't, that would cost me points too.  Or what if by even thinking what if costs me points?!  RATS!!!

Can I get a point for pity's sake???  LOL

Seriously - I've posted a new recording that has no more digital garbage in it, but I've got to track down a ground hum coming from the HD500.  Other than that, I think I've got it settled now with the new gear connected to my computer.

++Bows gracefully as I back out of the majesty of your presence,++

Neal

You can have a laugh and get points too.

Keep an eye out for threads like this one:  http://line6.com/community/thread/54044?tstart=0

Therewere points awarded for tips and advice given.

Cheers,

Crusty

Re: ❡X,>♨} :waaaah! Crusty spoiled our pic-nic!!!!
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-22 18:18:57

Crusty:

How can we possibly compete with such a thread, let alone to prevail over it? You are using technology like photographs and other artistic devices, and obviously have access to some seriously classified archival material.

You employ sophisticated comedic devices such as hyperbole, sarcasm, wit, euphemism, ambiguity, and double entendre. How can we compete with such a highly-evolved thread? And get points, too? HARDLY!

Please do not forget who we are... the Butt-Hole Boys from the Variax Latrine Squad... we trade in the toilet humor of modeling mechanics, in the dregs of digital design, and we dwell in the boondocks of the Boolean bedlam created by the vagaries of Variactical volatility.

Your magnificent thread leaves us in a profound and irrecoverable state of shock and awe.

Hail, Crusty One:

∯฿>¤}... uhnng-GAH... uhnnn-GAH... uhnnnng-GAAAH!!!

JellyBeat

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-22 19:54:01

Yeah what he just said!!!!

And to add to THIS quiet hamlet of mediocrity, I bring you this image that I think covers all aspects of both old and new Line 6 gear....

bloodshed3.jpg

by dgnyberg on 2011-01-22 19:58:25

Now THAT would be a COOL pick guard!!

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2011-01-22 20:29:42

Your simultaneous command of and disregard for the English language in the construction of your own esoteric euphanisms is a treat to behold and should be shared, nay celebrated rather than demoted through self deprication.

I find merriment and mirth in your words.  I am continually entertained and at the same time somewhat bewildered by your overly embellished smileys.

Cheers,

Crusty

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 03:07:58

ah yes   soup  my  favorite  fruit

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 03:12:19

just  remember  boys  every  wagon needs   4  wheels   . im shemp

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 03:17:08

well   welcome  one  and all  to the rubber  room  club  ,just a bunch  of mixed  nuts  here   .  and  were  very serious  about  not being   serious.  seriouslu  no kidding  i meanit.

we need an  opening  jingle 

Re: (_¤_) WELCOME to the BUTT HOLE BOYS' RUBBER ROOM!
by JellyWheat on 2011-01-23 03:32:54

Opening jingle: [Sung to the tune of "Let Me Be Your Salty Dog", (or something like that!)]

We're the Butt Hole Boys,

The Butt Hole Boys

What we have in common is

Our Variax toys

So reboot, reflash,

Try to make some noise

Don't never you mind them

Butt Hole Boys!

(8>D}... ha-YUK!

JellyWheat

[I will publish model settings, tone patches, and Boolean bundles for the ensemble instruments whenst I return from the still!]

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 03:39:36

very good.

my thoughth  are    were  kinda  like the  little  rascals.    im alfalfa

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-23 04:31:14

Where did MerlinFL get ahold of a picture of my ex-MOTHER-in-LAW???

J/W

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 05:06:37

thats  a picture of   everyone  ex  mother in law  very common.  and  some  might   say that  is also a pic  of the  ex  wife too.

i believe  its a copy  of the  one    hanging  in the  ex  husbands   union  hall  local  101. located  in ipayipay    michigan.

having  worked  i a bar  with  a bunch of  divorced  guys  i can tell ya  alot of  comical  divorce  stories  thats  for  sure.  specially  last  child  support  calls    real funny  stuff.

as you  ma have  figured  my sense of  humor can be  quite  twisted at times  but  it  keeps  me  going  in   bad  situations.

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-23 05:14:41

❡8>*}... Pardon, O Great All-Knowing One, but I beg to differ!

... you are not 'twisted". Merely do you represent a slight distortion in the Time/Space Continuum!

J/W

[BTW... I just noticed that Dave - the originator of this thread - poked his head into the Rubber Room a while ago. Pull up a stool, Dave... we're firing up our Variaxes for a group reflash/reset!]

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 05:27:02

yeah theres  always  more  room in the  rubber  room.

btw  the  bots are  on amc  this  morning      there  playing  the   one  with lucille  ball in it  right  now

by amx05462 on 2011-01-23 13:07:48

thump thump thump. (would have been  knocks  but it is a rubber  room.

everybody  must have  gone  home.

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-23 16:03:11

(8>*}... and would any reasonable person blame them?

J/W

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-23 18:10:39

JellyWheat wrote:

Where did MerlinFL get ahold of a picture of my ex-MOTHER-in-LAW???

J/W

Interesting supposition guys....as my ex mother in law was far fatter than the picture I posted.  I couldn't find a wide enough angle lens to get her all in one shot.

That photo is of ME trying to comprehend the Line 6 CURRENT concept of "FLAGSHIP GEAR".  Aside from the JTV which shows up as a Variax ACOUSTIC 700 when VDI into my Vetta and does NOT save or recall the patches properly.  Yes, I DID have it working correctly for THREE WHOLE DAYS, but now - NADA - ZIP - ZILTCH - ZERO compatibility!!

I just wish someone would tell me ACCURATELY WHY the Vetta THINKS the JTV is a Vax AC700?!?!?

But, I also have anew footboard called the POD HD500 just to read my guitar setting and then send my audio signal via the FX Loop out into the 1/4" input, AND via MIDI change my amp patches to match the guitar patches I've had to set up in the HD500.  Now I have TWO pedalboards just to do ONE thing.

Now if that is not progress - what is??

The Green Bay Packers WON today and it looks like we're going to have to beat the Steelers in the Superbowl in two weeks.  I wonder if Line 6 has bought any Superbowl commercial time???  Geez, who am I kidding?? 

Now back to the regularly schedule madness....

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-23 18:36:07

Merlin, I honestly don't know why a company would make things more complicated, rather than less. I admire your loyalty to Line 6, in a way, but frankly... I've seen your vids, thanks to links amx has provided, and I can't see Variax allowing you to do anything you couldn't do with a good guitar and a Line 6 amp.

I am a much bigger fan of Line 6 amps than I am of the rest of the gear, because it puts a whole bunch of VERY different amp sounds at the musician's ready disposition. I have always found the differences between guitars to be much more subtle. I'll give you an example: a friend of mine in Nashville (Bill Hullett) has played with Chet Atkins, and I have been a lifelong Chet fan...

No matter how many Gretsches I bought, I just couldn't achieve the chime and fluidity in my sound that Chet had in his. Bill told me (and Bill Lawrence repeated the same story to me) that Chet's nails were so brittle that he had to adopt a VERY light touch. Our local Gibson rep has been known to say behind my back, years ago, that I should learn to play as if I was NOT trying to build a house! He was so right, and I wish he had told me that to my face all those years ago.

Anyway, long story short, the more I learned how to pick like Chet Atkins, the closer I got to his sound. Today, I would challenge anyone to listen to one of my recordings and tell whether I am playing one of my Gretsches or any of my trusty Stratocasters. My old Telecaster is a little easier to single out. [Teles are a beast apart, especially if yer having an off night!]I don't use humbuckers any more except the FilterTrons... I find them too muddy. But I can get greasy Jazz tones, chicken pickin' tones, Mark Knopfler tones, Chet Atkins tones, Ted Greene tones, etc., out of any of my guitars, depending on how I touch them.

One of the most common remarks I get from my regular audiences is that I sound pretty much the same, no matter what guitar I am playing. [amx has heard me play on a bunch of different guitars, ranging from a Gibson Herb Ellis to a Howard Roberts Fusion, and I think there was even a California Tele with a 4-way switch in there, too, for good measure. He might be able to vouch for the consistency of tone...]

So, I choose to invest my time in that aspect of tone production, as opposed to wrestling with technology that's going to be obsolete by the time I master it.

I could not walk your path, Merlin, but I admire you for sticking to your guns...

My $0.02/YMMV

Regards,

JellyWheat

by amx05462 on 2011-01-24 00:36:17

well   im in a rubber  room  .   you cant  expect  anyone to be totally  reasonable  here.

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-24 02:18:29

BTW, Mark Knopfler's sound is about the best example I can think of to demonstrate the importance of how you play affecting the tone you get. If you don't "frail" with your fingers and pull up a little on the strings to get them to "pop" against the frets, you will never achieve his tone. I would be surprised if any programmer could model this into a MK setting, since he doesn't use the same picking style all the way through a piece.

If you don't believe me, check Mr. Knopfler out on YouTube.

Another unsolicited $0.02, dropped soundlessly in the...

..BUTT HOLE BOYS' RUBBER ROOM.

JellyWheat

Charter Member

by MerlinFL on 2011-01-25 01:02:27

JellyWheat wrote:

Merlin, I honestly don't know why a company would make things more complicated, rather than less. I admire your loyalty to Line 6, in a way, but frankly... I've seen your vids, thanks to links amx has provided, and I can't see Variax allowing you to do anything you couldn't do with a good guitar and a Line 6 amp.

I am a much bigger fan of Line 6 amps than I am of the rest of the gear, because it puts a whole bunch of VERY different amp sounds at the musician's ready disposition. I have always found the differences between guitars to be much more subtle. I'll give you an example: a friend of mine in Nashville (Bill Hullett) has played with Chet Atkins, and I have been a lifelong Chet fan...

No matter how many Gretsches I bought, I just couldn't achieve the chime and fluidity in my sound that Chet had in his. Bill told me (and Bill Lawrence repeated the same story to me) that Chet's nails were so brittle that he had to adopt a VERY light touch. Our local Gibson rep has been known to say behind my back, years ago, that I should learn to play as if I was NOT trying to build a house! He was so right, and I wish he had told me that to my face all those years ago.

Anyway, long story short, the more I learned how to pick like Chet Atkins, the closer I got to his sound. Today, I would challenge anyone to listen to one of my recordings and tell whether I am playing one of my Gretsches or any of my trusty Stratocasters. My old Telecaster is a little easier to single out. [Teles are a beast apart, especially if yer having an off night!]I don't use humbuckers any more except the FilterTrons... I find them too muddy. But I can get greasy Jazz tones, chicken pickin' tones, Mark Knopfler tones, Chet Atkins tones, Ted Greene tones, etc., out of any of my guitars, depending on how I touch them.

One of the most common remarks I get from my regular audiences is that I sound pretty much the same, no matter what guitar I am playing. [amx has heard me play on a bunch of different guitars, ranging from a Gibson Herb Ellis to a Howard Roberts Fusion, and I think there was even a California Tele with a 4-way switch in there, too, for good measure. He might be able to vouch for the consistency of tone...]

So, I choose to invest my time in that aspect of tone production, as opposed to wrestling with technology that's going to be obsolete by the time I master it.

I could not walk your path, Merlin, but I admire you for sticking to your guns...

My $0.02/YMMV

Regards,

JellyWheat

Hi JW (may I be this informal??  LOL) - I truly appreciate your story and your candor about your feelings towards the non-amp side of Line 6.

I need to address what you've very nicely written about the first few pints, um...*hiccup*, uh - I mean points.  LOL  Hey I'm just trying to keep the whole "Rubber Room" theme going while I do get a bit serious to give you a bit better insight to my reasons for my choices.

I started out like so many on here who are somewhere near the age of 50.  I happen to be right at 50 (and heading down fast!...but I digress) who had othing more than a 1976 Marshall Plexi 4-input 50watt head with the single 8x10 - yep 8 guitar 10s in one cabinet.  The ONLY thing Marshal has never reissued.  Digressing again - sorry.... And Les Paul copies, then real Les Paul 60s neck style Standards and a couple of P90 versions kinda like a Goldtop, but NOT a Goldtop.  I've never been a huge effects person, but I did have the ORIGINAL MemoryMan delay which did so many cool things besides it's main delay purpose, and a MXR Micro Amp pedal.  One of the BEST stomboxes ever made IMHO on the front end.  I knew nothing about FX loops, or other processing gear more than just seeing them in the showcase at my local music store.  I played in a manner very similar to this and I did go rackmount for quite a while back in the 80s through till 2003.  THAT is the year Line 6 came into my life with my purchase of a brand new Vetta I with the NEW (at the time) improved Longboard for $2,000.00.  Big bucks for an amp and pedalboard in my opinon, but I wanted to have something that would do the sounds I already knew and loved, BUT be able to do sounds from amps I would never buy, or could never carry around to my gigs.

The Vetta was (and still IS yet again IMHO) the TRUE "Flagship" amplifier ever produced by Line 6.  It had such AMAZING TECH SUPPORT back in those days and I ALMOST NEVER - still to this day as well - EVER have a problem with the amp with TWO exceptions.  Those were handled by Rick miller over the phone with me one time, the other time Rick Miller SENT ME AT NO CHARGE a couple of circuit boards for me to swap out after he asked me if I was able to feel safe doing my own physical repairs.  THIS and the amp iself is what sold me on Line 6.  I've never looked back and have gottenmore compliments about my sound(s) than I had ever gotten previously.  Perhaps I'm playing to more drunk people than my pre-2003 performing days, but I'll take the kind words any way I can get them!!  LOL

Then 2006 arrived and after watching all the demo vids for the Variax guitar (500 back then), I wanted one vary badly, but I HATED the look of the 500.  Not because it didn't have mag pups, but because it looked like a giant 1960s era Pick Guard with strings on it.  Then came the EC700s and that LOOK is what made me order one online and try it out.  I fell in love almost immediately with the feel of the guitar and the "feel" learning curve was very small for going from the LP 60s style neck to the EC700 neck.  The balance is excellent for playing live as well as it didn't weigh very much.  I think it's about 7-8 pounds??  What made me KEEP IT, was how fast those necks were on both my EC700s once I got them set up to my playing style.  And ARE as I still use them live - NOT my gorgeous JTV yet except for a few songs where I do not need to change patches DURING a song.  As the JTV sadly is NOT 100% compatible with my Vetta.  Which WAS PROMISED to us **well over a year ago**.  Obviously somewhere along the line, THAT promise became nothing the company bothered to be concerned about keeping.

Now it's 7-8 years later and I still have a terrific como amp that I truly love all the variety amp/cab sounds it can reproduce...the flexibility it has to work with as a performer.  And with the addition of the Vax EC700 and the VDI interface to my Vetta I amps...I have the most amazing multi-faceted combination of gear that can sound like nearly anything I need or just dream up.  I play in several cover bands and this is the ONLY gear I've ever owned that CAN allow me to sound like any cover songs guitar player(s) I need to sound like instead the old days where I only could emulate the notes/chords for bands who did not use Marshall sounding amps.

When you play as long as I have - using Line 6 gear as long as I have 99.5% exclusively in both stage and studio, it MAKES THE PLAYER depend on this gear ALL THE TIME for EVERY BAND SITUATION.  I don't think this is a bad thing, but it's possible all this gear could become the new 8-track tape, or the new Beta video tape recorder.  Beta recorders ARE better than VHS, but because of tech stuff, VHS won that battle because most people wanted a bigger variety of movies to choose from instead of how much better the video/audio quality might be with Beta.  So Beta died.

I agree that newer gear like Line 6 creates and sells SHOULD BE easier as generations move forward, BUT this complexity is DESIRED by many players.  Especially by players who are well versed o computers, or have techs or roadies who know all the tricks, while the actual guitar player doesn't need to know nor care about how this gear works in the real world.  I DO care, I do not have techs or roadies, I doubt I'll get signed to a major label anytime soon, but I DO appreciate what the new gear can do, I just simply wanted the new JTV guitar to work with my old amp without any hassles or headaches.

It doesn't so I bought a POD HD500 to learn about it for myself instead of just reading other people's experiences and share those expereinces with anyone who take the time to stop by my forums or read this very long winded reply.  Right now, I've got about a dozen patches ON the HD500 i like and will begin to use live, but I also have it hooked up in such a way, that I can use the JTV VDI into the PD HD500, then 1/4" FX loop send to my Vetta input, while using the MIDI to switch guitar patches from the HD500 on the JTV guitar and switch amps to what I want on my Vetta.  PLUS I can now always have one of my Vax EC700s plugged into the Vetta VDI input ready to go in case I need to switch or break a string, etc.  If I am feeling frisky, or playing a BIG venue, I can also bring my (2) DT50 1x12 and they are already programmed to match up with my Vetta patches, plus a few special patches I created on the HD500 and DT50 using all the tonal features.

It's HUGE, but so is the sound.  WOW it literally in - in my case - a pyramid of sound that is simply stunning.  When I REALLY get to know the HD500 and DT50s, I think I'll be a very "scary" guitar tone person.  It has all the potential in the world.  I just need to learn as much as possible.

And just to finish up on the new JTV guitars...they ARE amazing.  The Model 59 I have certainly is and I'm sorry to read about those having trouble with ANY of the new gear.  Have you heard my acoustic patch .mp3s I've posted??  I did "Blackbird", then I did "Silver Wheels" by Heart.  I think the acoustic models are simply amazing and a serious upgrade from the original acoustic sounds.  And yes I even mentioned having to PLAY diffeently on the 700s in get the "right" dynamics and tone, but now with the JTV guitars I can play with more of my usual style of playing and electric and differently for any acoustic patch which I was not possible before.

I strongly suggest that you try out POD Farm 1 or 2 if you have not yet for computer recording or even playing live if you don't mind bringing a laptop to your gigs.  I also strongly recommend that you at least try out a JTV guitar in whatever model (59, 69, 89) you like best.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and not much "tech wrestling" with these bits of gear.

Thanks again and take care,

Neal

**It's 4am and I KNOW where my bed is!!  LOL**

by JellyWheat on 2011-01-25 03:03:48

I'm just getting ready for work, Neal, so I will be brief, but hopefully not brusque... [I got a lot of dropouts listening to Blackbird, BTW.]

To me, a good model is one that you should have to play differently. One thing I liked about my 700 was that you had to dig into the 12-string models to get them to sound right, just like the real thing. So being able to play an acoustic model like an electric is not a plus for me. [An acoustic should play like an acoustic, in my book, but I'm not sure I understand what you were saying in your post about that...]

amx frequently reminds me... "Different strokes for different folks", and he's right. I need frequent reminding! It is in that spirit that I will tell you that my ex-engineer recorded my first commercial CD through a POD. I have owned 3 Variax guitars and an XTL. I will not be trying POD Farm or any such thing in the foreseeable future.

Line 6 amps are definitely performers in my book, and there is potentially a place in my studio for them. I'll pass on the rest, thanks, but I can see why a cover artist would be attracted to the concept.

Have a great day, Neal.

Regards,

JellyWheat

by ricksox on 2011-02-01 12:17:57

Just closing the loop here. It looks like we sent you out a replacement pick guard on December 30th.

Line6Miller

by dgnyberg on 2011-02-06 13:45:30

Have not yet received the pickguard.

I'll keep waiting. . .

Thanks for the reply.

Dave

Re: (8>*}... as you are probably already aware...
by JellyWheat on 2011-02-06 14:34:33

A few days ago, the people of Vietnam ushered in the Year of the Cat... a year of prosperity and wealth. The thousands of 11 to 13-year-olds that are typically hard at work crafting guitars, pick guards, scratch plates, and scratch guards have been redeployed over the past few weeks and perhaps even months making everything that is C-A-T: statuettes, thermometers, fridge magnets, coasters, picture frames...yes, and even MOTO toilet seats in the shape of the... CAT.

This once-a-year novelty marketing opportunity accounts for over 3.5% of all sales generated by these small, locally-owned manufacturing enterprises, and so is a niche sales bonanza that cannot be casually overlooked. But the festivities have now drawn to an end, and normal production should resume shortly.

This having been said, one month seems to be a bit lengthy in terms of a shipping interval. We suggest you maintain contact with Line 6 and track the whereabouts of your valued order.

Happy New Year,

JellyWheat

Re: (8>*}... as you are probably already aware...
by amx05462 on 2011-02-06 14:50:13

bear  in mind  the  company  isnt  known for  speed  but for perfection.

there   probably  making  one up for you as  we    type.   remember    thats an out of  production  guitar.

ummm     and  they dont like to stock  too many  parts  cant   say i blame  them ... inventory taxes  you  know.

that and  the new  year  well.  you  know.   i would  have made one  myself.  would have been   quicker.

hopefully  you  wont  get  what    the allen  wrench guy got.

Re: (8>*}... You may be asking yourself...
by JellyWheat on 2011-02-06 15:10:54

Why do J/W and amx post these inane replies? Well... at least it is a reply of some sort, Dave, and an indication that someone is here listening. Points to Line6Miller for having tried to close the loop a month ago.

Sometimes, however, to us casual outside observers, it is incomprehensible that so little follow-up information could be made available to waiting customers like yourself. Bear in mind that it CAN and DOES take a month or more to get a custom truss rod cover or a special vintage part or pickguard from Gibson or Fender. AllParts is quicker, but not the same, if you know what I mean.

The difference is that these companies let you know what kind of a wait you are in for, and I can always find out from my favorite music store where my order is in the system, even if it is a s something as trivial as a vintage truss rod nut for one of my Stratocasters.

Line6Miller and others on this site do their level best to help out, but I wonder where all the other guitar companies would be if they made it so difficult to get commonly-needed parts for the legacy products on which their guitar reputation was initially based, like the Variax 300?

Just my $0.02/YMMV

JellyWheat

by dgnyberg on 2011-03-01 22:48:26

FYI folks, I have received the pickguard.

Thank you Line6Miller!!

It is installed and looking good.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.