These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Playback on edit Software
by babealicious on 2011-01-21 13:31:52

I just got my HD400 and loaded the edit software. Shouldn't there be a way to play back the sounds on your PC as you tweak them? I haven't found it yet.

Any advice on the quciest way to get up and running with the HD 400?

Re: Playback on edit Software
by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-01-21 14:21:25

The HD makes the noise, not the computer. Edit is just an interface controller for your Pod.

by PremiumJones on 2011-01-21 14:24:28

Plug speakers/headphiones into the POD to monitor in realtime or plug the audio outs into the Line In on your sound card. Both will accomplish essentially the same thing.

by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-01-21 14:57:56

Oh I see, I took it when he said playback as in playing back what you've record. Doh!

by PremiumJones on 2011-01-21 15:19:36

Same thing there too. THe POD will playback recorded material from a DAW. You can multi-track with it, playback selected tracks/all tracks while you record a new one, etc.

The thing is - you can do all that with any audio interface. The POD is better than any on-board soundcard, but you can get an audio interface for as little as $90 that will sound better, do all you want to do, and not REQUIRE the pod to be part of the audio subsystem...

Many ways to accomplish the same goals.

by babealicious on 2011-01-21 15:54:15

Thanks Guys - I guess I had another part to my question...when you playback on the HD do you click something on the Edit Software to play it or on the device itself or do you play back the sounds with your instrument?

RE: Playback on edit Software
by ricksox on 2011-01-26 11:45:12

Your POD generates all of the sounds. Also, when you say playback it sounds like you may think the Edit software is a recording application which it is not.

Plug headphones or speakers directly into your POD and use edit to build or tweak your patches. That's what it is specifically supposed to do. It doesn't trigger any kind of playback.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.