These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pocke POD > Dist. Pedal or Dist. Pedal > Pocket POD
by JOHGRU on 2011-01-23 13:14:00

I have a Pocke POD and I´m getting a Boss DS1 (distortion pedal).

How should I connect them?

Guitar > Pocket POD > DS1 > Amplifier

or

Guitar > DS1 > Pocket POD > Amplifier

Re: Pocke POD > Dist. Pedal or Dist. Pedal > Pocket POD
by silverhead on 2011-01-23 13:34:04

There's no correct answer - try both. Typically, however, a DIST pedal would be placed before the PocketPOD.

by JOHGRU on 2011-01-28 12:35:44

Hello. Thank you for your answer. I have got one pedal now. It does not sound good if I use both PocketPOD and the Boss DS-1 at the same time.

If I use a "clean" preset and press my "distortion"-pedal it will sound like the guitar-intro-sound on (but a little bit heavier) "Satisfaction" (I say that to explain the sound )

What can I do to make it work like normal? It´s something with the settings on my PocketPOD, becuase the pedal works fine without the PocketPOD and vice versa...

RE: Pocke POD > Dist. Pedal or Dist. Pedal > Pocket POD
by Line6Hugo on 2011-02-01 11:40:52

Maybe you just don't like the sound of a DS-1 distortion pedal?

Have you used the pedal with equipment where it does sound good to you.

Also, it would be best to use it before the Pocket POD. Also, make sure to set the Pocket POD to the proper output mode for your connection type. This is called out in the manual.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by JOHGRU on 2011-02-02 11:49:30

Hi! Thank you for your answers. I figured it out by myself though... I did a software reset. The problem was that all my USER made effect were turned up to max volume and that made the dist sound sound messed up

Anyway... Line 6 FTW!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.