These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD 400 Looper - glitch during preset change or amp toggle
by RusticM on 2011-01-23 14:14:08

It seems that any time I change presets/(patches) or toggle the Amp modeler while the looper is running, the playback of my HD 400 looper will exhibit an audible hiccup (the audio cuts out for a split second).   This will happen anywhere in the loop when the patch is changed or the amp toggled.    It's similar to the problem mentioned in this thread here, but I've tried re-installing the latest firmware, and still have the same problem.   This hiccup happens regardless of whether the loop is pre (where I would expect a sound change) or post.   Does anyone else have this issue, and is this the expected behavior?   Thanks.

RE: HD 400 Looper - glitch during preset change or amp toggle
by Line6Hugo on 2011-02-03 10:27:58

RusticM,

I can confirm that I can hear the same thing on the POD HD400 I tested when using the looper and switching patches. Although this may be the nature of the device, I will be submitting a bug to see if this can be improved upon.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: HD 400 Looper - glitch during preset change or amp toggle
by RusticM on 2011-02-03 11:01:56

Thanks for confirming.   Do you know if this problem exists only on the 400, or also on the 300 and 500?  

by Line6Hugo on 2011-02-03 11:08:32

I can confirm that this is apparent on HD300/400/500

by Kneehow on 2011-02-03 11:09:46

Hugo and I just confirmed the behavior on a 500 and 300. At this moment, this is expected behavior for all 3 models.

The bug has been submitted for the development team to look into.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: HD 400 Looper - glitch during preset change or amp toggle
by fduret on 2011-09-09 00:31:42

I have the same problem and I'm actually very disappointed because I bought the HD 400especially thinking of using the loop function, I hope soon that can be solved by a software update.

Re: HD 400 Looper - glitch during preset change or amp toggle
by Kurisu2 on 2011-10-11 10:58:51

Has this been resolved? Can we subscribe to something to get an update when this is fixed?

I'm having the same trouble with my HD300 -- the looper hiccups or glitches for a split second when I change patches. Looper is set to post, firmware is latest, looper is playing in the background and I'm practicing over top it, then switch a patch and you get a split second hiccup or glitch in the looper track.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.